PDA

View Full Version : Which One to Choose - Paradise, Party, etc.

Felex
07-19-2004, 09:35 AM
I am ready to start playing for real online (enough of the play money stuff). Any recommendations as to which one to select? I have been playing on Paradise, but I hear Party is pretty good. So which one should I choose for real money action?

newcool
07-19-2004, 09:38 AM
Partypoker has the softest games, the most players and a great interface.

Mucking Idiot
07-19-2004, 09:39 AM
which one should you choose....all of them..then surf around for the best game or tourney...this is very good advise and you should take it /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Sheriff Fatman
07-19-2004, 10:52 AM
I'd probably suggest one of the 'Big 4' as your best starting point. Ultimately you'll probably want to sign up at all of them but it'll spread your bankroll a bit thin at present so its best to stick with one for now.

Party is the biggest site with the most beatable games. Most people would suggest you start here, I'd guess. Empire is a skin (same ring games and SnG's, different Multi's) with a better colour scheme, which I find a little easier on the eye. The software and support isn't the best but its worth putting up with for the games.

If you've been playing on Paradise then you might be more comfortable staying there for now. However, I find their ring games slow in comparison to the other sites.

Stars has the best tournament structure, but the ring games are much tougher to beat than Party and the overall standard of players is higher.

UB is another big site, I'd probably rank it alongside Paradise. Easier to beat than Stars but tougher than Party.

Outside of the big 4 there are many smaller sites (e.g. Prima skins such as The Gaming Club, Pacific, Absolute, etc) but you may find game selection limited with these sites at times. However, the games are generally very good at these sites. Probably worth saving for later at this stage though.

Regardless of which you choose its worth signing up under an affiliate for bonuses/rebates, etc. Feel free to PM me if you want info on some of the reputable affiliates on here or do a few searches.

Personally, I'd pick Party or Empire as the first site. Party is probably better if you're planning on playing Multi tournaments as there's far more availability than Empire.

Good luck

Sheriff

JasonP530
07-19-2004, 12:37 PM
At the lower limits, any of the sites are fine, and probably are all very loose. Everyone seems to play on Party, and you will never have trouble getting a game there, so that seems like a big plus. Though the support at Party isnt great, none is, save PokerStars. I would begin at Party(please bring bankroll for the swings) and then branch out an explore the others. If you are interested in signing up, PM me, and I can work out a good bonus package for you. Good luck.

Jason

donkeyradish
07-23-2004, 06:42 AM
Paradise has been my favourite for years but I've cashed out there now.

Its a shame, they have very good software, and very good customer service but my issue is, my win rate at Party Poker is better.

I think playing at Paradise has made me a better player, because I was often competing against very solid opposition.

But seeking out bad players to play against is the single most important aspect of playing online.

TrickyTree
07-23-2004, 12:20 PM
I play my poker through CoralEurobet which is an affiliate of Party. Plus the offer a very good rake rebate scheme and the customer services are excellent (you can e-message them and get a reply within 5 minutes/ same with e-mail). That way you can play Party and still have the other benefits.

CORed
07-23-2004, 12:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Partypoker has the softest games, the most players and a great interface.

[/ QUOTE ]

The first two are correct. Party Poker's client is very similar to Paradise's, but it's rather buggy.

namknils
07-23-2004, 12:54 PM
You may want to play the lower limits that Paradise offers. They have penny games and such. Party is more fishy but the lowest limit is .5/1 so if you would like lower than that play at Paradise.