View Full Version : Do I want to play this guy again or move up

mackthefork
07-19-2004, 09:16 AM
Stars 2 table NL SNG

I have 700 in MP
BB has 1000 left after posting

Blinds 50/100 7 at table (13 left)

Folded to me, I see AKo

I push, I'll be happy to take the 150 as it is, though a call might not be so unpleasant either.

All fold to BB who calls and shows 82o.

This isn't a bad beat post so I won't tell you the flop, lets just say I told him good game, wished good luck, and considered recycling my PC out the window. I made a note 'Prone to bouts of hopeless optimism' I just hope he does it again next time, give me back my 5.50 you miserable s.o.b. lol.

Regards ML

Chief911
07-19-2004, 09:21 AM
Why wouldn't you want to play this guy again?

Nick

PrayingMantis
07-19-2004, 09:26 AM
Playing Lower buy-ins means higher ROI but also higher variance than higher buy-ins. You want him to make these kinds of calls, of course you do, but when you see his hand you have to get ready for a possible suck-out, since you're only 2:1 against him. One out of three times you bust at this point. In higher buy-ins you'll see less calls like these, but then - your opponents usually play stronger.
It's basically a question of bank-roll. It is true that lower buy-ins are more frustrating in a way, because you'll see poor players win more often. But it's a good practice in emotional-control, to be able to bust because of idiotic calls like that, and still say "good game, great call", and such.

Jason Strasser
07-19-2004, 10:26 AM
You'd rarely see this at a $200 sng. That makes you want to play them?

I dun get it. Four table at a time baby, the bad beats are just part of the wallpaper on your desktop. Make the right plays and move on.

mackthefork
07-19-2004, 10:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Playing Lower buy-ins means higher ROI but also higher variance than higher buy-ins.

[/ QUOTE ]

I noticed my ROI has reduced from low 50%s after 100 to low 30%s after 230, perhaps this is a more realistic level, seems like an awful lot of bad luck though, perhaps there was a lot of good luck in the first 100 that needed to be redressed.

Regards ML

mackthefork
07-19-2004, 10:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]
You'd rarely see this at a $200 sng. That makes you want to play them?

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL, Not really, I was just trying to rationalise the irrational I suppose, pointless exercise I know. He said he didn't want to give up the 100. Also you don't see this at 5+50 either, at least i never have in nearly 250 of them anyways.

Regards ML

PS Consider me moved on.