PDA

View Full Version : What am I doing here, KJo in the SB.

bisonbison
07-19-2004, 02:07 AM
UTG is in on more than half of his hands, no preflop raises in my 3 orbits with him.

The two MP players are both a bit loose, but not as superloose as UTG.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, Hero completes, BB checks,

Flop: (7 SB) 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(7 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO folds, Hero calls, BB folds.

Turn: (5.50 BB) A/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG bets</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 folds, Hero calls.

River: (8.50 BB) 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, MP2 folds.

Final Pot: 10.50 BB

TRWIII
07-19-2004, 02:14 AM
Getting really lucky /images/graemlins/grin.gif. The flop call was OK, since more than likely your overcard outs were good too. Same with the turn, although I suppose you could consider leading out or checkraises with the whole mess of extra outs you picked up (Im counting upwards of 15 total), but seeing the river cheaply wasnt terrible. Then you made sure at least one bet went in on the river with a scary board that might be checked through if you tried to checkraise it.

Looks good to me.

TRWIII

JTG51
07-19-2004, 02:15 AM
I'd play it the same. What do you think you might have done differently?

(Cutting and pasting sure saves on typing time.)

bisonbison
07-19-2004, 02:17 AM

I don't know. At the time, it filled me with a deep sense of unease. Looking at it now, seems pretty uninteresting. Hurray for small-things posts.

pokerkai
07-19-2004, 02:18 AM
looks fine to me

odds were good for the gutshot
ace brought a ton more outs
river hit nicely

I probably would have gone for the checkraise on the river.
If hes not slowing down on the turn when the ace hits (thats a pretty damn scary card) hes gonna most likely bet the river and pay off your raise.

Bob T.
07-19-2004, 02:20 AM

(Cutting and pasting sure saves on typing time.)

Second time I did that tonight /images/graemlins/grin.gif.

bisonbison
07-19-2004, 02:21 AM
The ace of spade on the turn is nowhere near as scary as the pairing fourth spade on the board. Most passive players would need a face of spade or trips (or a set or a boat) to bet that river. They don't need nearly that much to call it. I felt the bet was standard.

JTG51
07-19-2004, 02:24 AM
Haha! I wish I could say I set you up for that one on purpose.

JTG51
07-19-2004, 02:26 AM
I felt the bet was standard.

Yup. TONS of hands (a small or medium spade, a straight, trips, etc) will call you bet but won't bet themselves if you check.