PDA

View Full Version : Folded TPTK to turn raise: AQs

Ralph Wiggum
07-19-2004, 12:32 AM
I thought I made a good fold, then I thought it was bad. Your thoughts?

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP2 3-bets</font>, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls, <font color="666666">3 folds</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (10.50 SB) 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 calls, CO calls.
Yay! I'm ahead.

Turn: (6.75 BB) T/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, CO calls, Hero folds.
Boo, I'm behind.

MarkL444
07-19-2004, 01:00 AM
the CO coldcalling is probably on a flush draw. as far as TPTK goes, theres over 11 big bets in the pot when it comes back to you. i dont know how sure you are that MP2 is ahead. what could he have 3 bet preflop with that would beat you here? I wouldnt expect AA or KK- he would have raised on the flop with those and would be less likely to raise once the board paird tens IMO. I think his most likely hands are Q /images/graemlins/spade.gifQ /images/graemlins/club.gif or A /images/graemlins/spade.gifK /images/graemlins/spade.gif. THere also the less likely quads. Had the CO 3 bet the turn, easy fold, but I would have called. Dont forget even if you are behind a ten theres still a chance to fill up on the river.

mark /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

me454555
07-19-2004, 01:31 AM
I think you made the right play here. You're drawing to 2 outs if you're behind. I could see him holding AA, KK, QQ more often than JJ, AK, or AQs. With no read on my opponent I would toss it here.

tech
07-19-2004, 01:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I wouldnt expect AA or KK- he would have raised on the flop with those

[/ QUOTE ]

Not particularly. Lots (and lots, and lots) of people would wait until the turn to raise.

bdk3clash
07-19-2004, 11:37 AM
I call this one down based on the pot size and the CO sticking around. There's 12 bets in the pot by the time of our hero's turn decision! Sure, MP2 might have QQ/KK/AA/TT, but I think you'll see A/images/graemlins/heart.gifK/images/graemlins/heart.gif or A/images/graemlins/spade.gifK/images/graemlins/spade.gif enough of the time here to call down profitably, especially with the CO padding the pot size.

No way I'd fold here given the pot size. I'm surprised anyone here would.

lil'
07-19-2004, 02:00 PM
I'd call this down against an unknown. You would think the 10 did not help him, so something is going on.

StellarWind
07-19-2004, 04:57 PM
No doubt he has quads or queens full /images/graemlins/tongue.gif.

But those are only two exact hands and otherwise something sounds funny here. You may well be ahead or tied here despite appearances. If not you have outs:

AA - 2
KK - 5
AT - 2
77 - 4
QQ or TT - oops

You need to call this down.