PDA

View Full Version : 30-60 Omaha high... YUCK!

03-14-2002, 01:35 AM
My local 30-60 Holdem game was starting to get short and the livest one in the game was threatening to quit if we didn't add Omaha high only into the mix. Always willing to please a live one, I managed to convince the table to switch our game to half and half, switching between holdem and Omaha high on the dealer change.

Is it just me or is Omaha high really a suckers game. I have logged a lot of hours of limit omaha HiLo and many hours of PL omaha high, but I have always avoided limit omaha high like the plague. It seem that in a loose game the lives ones aren't taking that much the worst of it. Does an skilled player really have that much of an edge in a loose limit omaha high game?

True to my misgivings, I managed to turn a nice win into a much smaller one after the first session of omaha high... Arghhh....

crzycanuk

03-14-2002, 10:04 AM
Limit Omaha (high) has the biggest luck factor of any common poker game IMO. When the preflop play is loose and aggressive (i.e., multiway raised pots), it approaches a crapshoot--especially when your opponents do not play horribly post-flop.

I put in more than a few hours of play in an online Omaha game that fit this description...very loose and aggressive preflop but tighter post-flop. Very frustrating!