PDA

View Full Version : beyotch play....hand review

bonanz
07-18-2004, 11:08 PM
playing 2/4 in b&m. there is a guy watching the table for about 30-40 minutes before he finally sits down in the 1 seat i'm in the 9 seat. usually everyone wil just buy a rack ( or less) but this guy sits down and counts out 6 20 dollar bills. I just thought it a little strange to get that extra 20, but then that is 30 bb's. anyways, he doesnt play a hand for 30 minutes or so then this hand comes up.

I'm utg wit AA i raise, one to my left calls, this guy calls, one more calls and BB calls

flop: 10 2 8 with 2 clubs

i bet lady to my left calls, guy raises folds around back to me, i reraise, lady folds, guy grabs 4 chips looks like a cap, sorta hesitates a sec, then just calls.

turn: red rag

i bet, he raises I fold

b!tch play? this hand bothered me all night. should i just go to check call on the turn? never seen this guy before, he watched for a while, strange buy in amount, first hand got involved in....

bonanz

bisonbison
07-18-2004, 11:22 PM
ugh. Call down.

TRWIII
07-18-2004, 11:25 PM
I'd call down too. Maybe he's been getting crappy cards and finally has top pair or something. Id call down if for no other reason to see what he played this strongly and file it away for later use. But there is another reason: you're very likely ahead.

Just my 2 cents,
TRWIII

surfdoc
07-18-2004, 11:30 PM
easy call. He has KK or QQ here more often then a set. Anyone watching a game for that long at that limit cannot be a superstar. This is a perfect chance to find out.

SpaceAce
07-18-2004, 11:54 PM
Oooh, I don't feel so good. You said the guy hadn't played a hand in thirty minutes so you don't know how he plays. Maybe he has JJ, QQ or KK. I'm not putting this opponent on a set quite that fast.

SpaceAce

ike
07-18-2004, 11:59 PM
The set read is pretty paranoid IMO. Any overpair looks like a monster from this guy's vantage. I'd 3bet the turn, but if you can't stomach that or really feel like he has the set of tens you can just call down.

tolbiny
07-18-2004, 11:59 PM
I would ignore his buy-in amount.
as to him watching the table for that long before he sits, my gut reaction is that he thinks hes a good player. This leads me to believe he is trickier than most which will lead me to call down in a lot of situations. In this situation i am probably calling anybody at my regular tables down.