PDA

View Full Version : Some hands to chew on

JoeU
07-18-2004, 10:42 PM
These hands all came up today in my .50/$1 game at Prima. For the most part, games were typical loose/passive with almost 5+ players to every flop. Ocassionally, someone would get out of line, but the game stayed true to form for the most part. I will post all results in white.

Hand 1:

I amin MP2 with A /images/graemlins/club.gifK /images/graemlins/diamond.gif. I open raise. Folded to the CO who 3-bets (unknown player). Button calls, I call. 3 to the flop for 5BB.

Flop: K /images/graemlins/spade.gifK /images/graemlins/heart.gifA /images/graemlins/spade.gif

I check, CO bets, button calls, I raise, he 3-bets, I call. 2 to the turn for 8BB

Turn: 4 /images/graemlins/club.gif(K /images/graemlins/spade.gifK /images/graemlins/heart.gifA /images/graemlins/spade.gif)

I check, he bets, I raise, he 3-bets, I call. 2 to the river for 14BB.

River: 4 /images/graemlins/heart.gif(K /images/graemlins/spade.gifK /images/graemlins/heart.gifA /images/graemlins/spade.gif4 /images/graemlins/club.gif)

I check call.

Results:
<font color="white"> He turns over AA for a bigger full house </font>

Hand 2:

In this hand, the only read I have is on the BB who is still slightly loose, but above average compared to the rest of the players at this site and this level. I am in the SB with Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gifQ /images/graemlins/heart.gif. UTG calls, MP1 calls, CO calls, I raise, BB calls, all call. 5 to the flop for 5BB.

Flop: Q /images/graemlins/club.gifJ /images/graemlins/diamond.gifJ /images/graemlins/heart.gif

I bet, BB calls, UTG calls, others fold. 3 to the turn for 6 1/2BB.

Turn: J /images/graemlins/club.gif(J /images/graemlins/heart.gifJ /images/graemlins/diamond.gifQ /images/graemlins/club.gif)

I bet, only the BB calls. 2 to the river for 8 1/2BB

River: 7 /images/graemlins/heart.gif(J /images/graemlins/heart.gifJ /images/graemlins/diamond.gifQ /images/graemlins/club.gifJ /images/graemlins/club.gif)

I bet, BB raises, I call.

Results:
<font color="white"> He turns over QsJs for turned quads. </font>

Hand 3:

This hand is 8 handed. I am UTG with 8 /images/graemlins/spade.gif7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif. I call, folded to CO-1 who raises, button calls, blinds call, I call. 5 to the flop for 5BB.

Flop: 9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif6 /images/graemlins/heart.gifT /images/graemlins/heart.gif

I bet, CO-1 raises, button calls, blinds fold, I 3-bet, CO-1 calls, button calls. 3 to the turn for 9 1/2BB.

Turn: K /images/graemlins/club.gif(9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif6 /images/graemlins/heart.gifT /images/graemlins/heart.gif)

I bet, CO-1 raises, button calls, I call. 3 to the river for 15 1/2BB.

River: 5 /images/graemlins/club.gif(9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif6 /images/graemlins/heart.gifT /images/graemlins/heart.gifK /images/graemlins/club.gif)

I check, CO-1 bets, button calls, I raise, CO-1 3-bets, button calls, I call.

Results:

<font color="white"> CO-1 has KK, button has AKo and MHIG. </font>

Hand 4:

I am in the BB with 6 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif5 /images/graemlins/heart.gif. UTG, MP1, and MP2 call, SB completes, I check. 5 to the flop for 2 1/2BB.

Flop: 4 /images/graemlins/heart.gif3 /images/graemlins/spade.gif9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

SB bets, I call, UTG calls, MP! calls, MP2 folds. 4 to the turn for 4 1/2BB.

Turn: 2 /images/graemlins/club.gif(4 /images/graemlins/heart.gif3 /images/graemlins/spade.gif9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif)

SB bets, I call, UTG calls, MP1 calls. 4 to the river for 8 1/2BB.

River: 4 /images/graemlins/club.gif(4 /images/graemlins/heart.gif3 /images/graemlins/spade.gif9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif2 /images/graemlins/club.gif)

SB bets, I call, UTG calls, MP1 folds.

Results:

<font color="white"> SB has 9h6h, UTG has Ts9c and MHIG. </font>

Comments are very welcome!

Joe

bisonbison
07-18-2004, 10:44 PM
You'll get better responses if you don't include results.

Does prima have a heads-up cap on betting?

JoeU
07-18-2004, 10:46 PM
They do have a cap. 4 bets total.

I posted the results in white because with a 1 year old, it might be a couple of days before I get to post the results.

When will the converter work for Prima? /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Joe

bisonbison
07-18-2004, 10:54 PM
When will the converter work for Prima?

Some day.

I would cap all streets in hand 1. raise the river in hand 2.

Seether
07-18-2004, 11:06 PM
Regarding Hand 4:
You had turned the nut straight, yet you did not raise it. While there is a flush draw out there you must still make the others in the hand pay for their draws. I would have raised as much as possible on the turn and river....hell, after the turn they were both drawing dead anyways, you need to take advantage of their poor play.

JoeU
07-18-2004, 11:11 PM
I agree. When I replayed that hand in pokertracker, I thought to myself "what the heck was I thinking"!

Thanks for the comments.

Joe