PDA

View Full Version : Hand read first, action second

1800GAMBLER
07-18-2004, 07:27 PM
Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="666666">2 folds</font>, MP3 <font color="purple">(Good2+2er)</font> calls, CO calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, SB completes, Hero checks,

1. 2+2ers range of hands?

Flop: (5 SB) Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="CC3333">Good2+2er bets</font>, CO folds, SB folds, Hero

2. What range of hands do you put the 2+2er on now?

3. What's your action for the following streets?

Ulysses
07-18-2004, 07:32 PM
I'd do one of two things. Fold or checkraise and lead any turn. If I checkraise and he 3-bets, there's a good chance I just fold right there. If I checkraise and the guy in the middle cold-calls, I'll have to decide what to do on the turn.

ike
07-18-2004, 07:43 PM
This question confuses me because not that many of the hands I give him pf hit this board but I still want to fold. I guess the flop bet just really doesn't look like a bluff, though it makes sense as a draw bet for value just as much as a made hand. I'm out of position, my hand kinda blows, and I just want to fold.

Steve Giufre
07-18-2004, 08:38 PM
The pot is small, and you are really only beating a bluff. I think it's a pretty easy fold.

1800GAMBLER
07-18-2004, 10:10 PM
Way to answer the first question first.

stoxtrader
07-19-2004, 10:57 AM
Hands a "good 2+2" would call one limper in MP with..?

well, I don't fit your description, but this is I'd imagine someone who does would have...

Middle/smallish pairs on a loose table hoping to get multiway action... 66-99, maybe TT?

Also, how about Middle suited connectors... JTs, QJs, QTs, maybe KTs, maybe even AJs, though that's an autoraise for me vs one limper.

I can't think of too many hands here that don't fall into the raise or fold category, but there may be a few. maybe AXs with x=7,8 or 9?

astroglide
07-19-2004, 11:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I can't think of too many hands here that don't fall into the raise or fold category

[/ QUOTE ]

if that's the case you are too tight in general or too loose with your isolation raises

stoxtrader
07-19-2004, 12:14 PM
Is there an explanation behind this statement?

astroglide
07-19-2004, 12:32 PM
tight = folding hands worth a call, loose = raising hands worth a call.

stoxtrader
07-19-2004, 12:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
tight = folding hands worth a call, loose = raising hands worth a call.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this post belongs on the micro-limit forum. I do appreciate the explanation though.

after one limper, what specifically it missing from these limping standards:

Mid pairs, mid-suited connectors and possibly some Axs?

astroglide
07-19-2004, 12:59 PM
stuff like KJo. combined with what you mentioned that is a lot of hands.

Ulysses
07-19-2004, 02:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
stuff like KJo. combined with what you mentioned that is a lot of hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

Really? You're overlimping w/ KJo in this game? Hmmmm.... Maybe I should be making even more money in this game!

MarkD
07-19-2004, 02:46 PM
Without reading too many responses first (no one really did try to answer question 1) here is my attempt.

- Axs where x = 2 through 8, if x &gt;= 9 I think hero raises (although a 9 may be a call).
- Pairs 22-77, possibly 88 but 99+ are definite raises and 88 is probably a raise too. 77 may be a raise but I limp with it here (I'm not that good so the first description doesn't apply to me).
- 78s-JTs. 78s may be on the lowest end and I think I fold it. JTs may be a raise but I probably limp with it here. I raise QJs+.
- QTs, KTs and possibly J9s I think J9s may be a stretch with only on limper.
- QJo, KJo, KTo, QTo I probably don't play KTo or QTo here but a "good 2+2'er" might as I'm sure he would be quite confident on his ability to dominate post-flop play.

So how did I do?

- Axs still.
- Any other suited hand aforementioned that are spades.
- QJ, KT, QT

3. Fold. The range of hands I put him on here mostly has me beaten here and although I may be drawing to 5 outs I am not getting a very big overlay. Although I may be ahead here on the flop so I think this decision is very close and I am not sure that I am right here when I fold but that's what I would do.

Nightwish
07-19-2004, 06:10 PM
MarkD provided a very good answer regarding which hands the 2+2er might have.

I would fold here for 2 reasons. First, the pot is tiny. Your only valid alternative to folding is check-raising, but it doesn't seem worth it in this baby pot. Second, you're out of position against a good 2+2er. This means that you'll have a very difficult time outplaying him which (once again going back to the first point) is not worth it in a small pot like this.