View Full Version : I wonder to myself,

Airpoaneman
07-18-2004, 06:30 PM
HOW COULD HE CALL,

I had Ace King
blinds are 100/200
4 people left
I have 2700 chips he has 2500
He was chip leader before the previous hand because i doubled up with Set vs two pair.

I raised pre flop 3xBB. He called, he was BB.

Flop was 3 7 9

He bet 2xbb, I called

Turn was 7

He checked, I checked.

River was 7

He bet 2xBB, I bet 2000 to take him all in.

He called.

Did I do the right thing, I had a very good read on him and he made some tight plays. I thought there was no way he would call because he is conservative and he would had placed 4th in the tournament.

Was I right to go all in.

He ended up with 66, full house.

But I stayed alive fighting off AK with A2 and JJ with qk.

Ended up 2nd but thats not the point,

HOW COULD HE CALL.

TylerD
07-18-2004, 06:48 PM
Easy, he saw your huge all-in raise as a bluff, or perhaps he simply put you on an ace...I've seen A LOT worse.

Big O
07-18-2004, 07:00 PM
he more than likey put u on A + one other suited. He felt that you were buying and he was willing to risk everything on this hand. Like the other poster, I have seen a lot of this as well

edge
07-18-2004, 07:01 PM
Not a bad call; I probably would have called too. After your raise preflop, you're either holding overcards or a pocket pair. When you just called the flop, he probably thinks his sixes are good. On the river, only a higher PP beats him, and he has you on overcards. No problem.

eastbay
07-18-2004, 07:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
HOW COULD HE CALL.

[/ QUOTE ]

Gee, because he had a full house, and you put in a bet that screamed bluff?

I think a better question might be: how could he not?

eastbay

AtlBrvs4Life
07-18-2004, 07:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
HOW COULD HE CALL.

[/ QUOTE ]

Gee, because he had a full house, and you put in a bet that screamed bluff?

I think a better question might be: how could he not?

eastbay

[/ QUOTE ]

or how could you go all-in on such an obvious bluff?

Tosh
07-18-2004, 07:14 PM
More of an important question is how could you make such a silly bluff?

Airpoaneman
07-18-2004, 07:25 PM
But the thing is I thought I had his #!!! I played only 4 hands other then this move. I put some one ALL IN ON THE HAND BEFORE with a good hand !!! I figured he would had figured in the fact that there are 4 people left, I am very conservative, he does have ONE over card on board, I waisted a guy the previous hand.

ALL SIGNS POINTED TO YES!!!!!

AtlBrvs4Life
07-18-2004, 07:36 PM
All signs are pointing to giving the other guy too much credit and making an obvious bluff.

Tosh
07-18-2004, 07:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]

ALL SIGNS POINTED TO YES!!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

It seems not.

MicroBob
07-18-2004, 08:41 PM
i dont think you played this very well at all.
it wasn't likely that the 7 helped you and he knows that.

going all-in screams of a bluff.

i would have strongly considered caling here.

this is yet another example of someone insisting they took a bad-beat after playing well...not realizing that they really didn't play it so well afterall.

the players with potential are the ones who are willing to consider the possibility that they maybe weren't so brilliant and/or unlucky afterall.

the ones who share their 'bad-beats', get told they played it badly (by decent players no less), and then say 'but but but....i KNOW i played it well...you guys are idiots' are not likely to improve.