PDA

View Full Version : When to visit the gents?

YKing
07-18-2004, 05:04 PM
Hi
At a PP-session a couple of days ago I eventually needed to visit the gents. I thougt about the best time to do it but decided to sit-out after folding UTG. I then came back two hands later and posted a live blind in the CO.
The question is: Is this the most effective way of sitting out for, say, two hands. Or is it better, considering the blinds, to just sit out in UTG+1 and UTG and then post BB as usual? Can't figure out how to think here, and is there a common way known by experienced players to treat a situation like this?
If it's of any interest, the SB is 1/3 of the BB.

Thanks

dogmeat
07-18-2004, 05:18 PM
Interesting question. If I am taking a very short break, I prefer to do just as you did, miss the blinds and come back for a BB in the CO.

Dogmeat /images/graemlins/spade.gif

thirddan
07-18-2004, 05:37 PM
hmm, i usually play 4 tables...

if i just have to take a quick piss then i can usually time it so that i fold all my hands and make a run for it and i can be back before my next hands are folded. but if you need to take longer than this i would miss my UTG and UTG+1, i don't like posting dead money in CO, i figure that you should miss your EP hands because you lose the least by missing them, and you probably weren't gonna play them anyway...

Grvnhigh
07-18-2004, 05:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
hmm, i usually play 4 tables...

if i just have to take a quick piss then i can usually time it so that i fold all my hands and make a run for it and i can be back before my next hands are folded. but if you need to take longer than this i would miss my UTG and UTG+1, i don't like posting dead money in CO, i figure that you should miss your EP hands because you lose the least by missing them, and you probably weren't gonna play them anyway...

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree totally with this line. Also when playing live, I will sit out around ep3 or so, for the same reason. (The deuce requires, however, a full orbit.)