PDA

View Full Version : Is this laggy?

spydog
07-18-2004, 04:38 PM
Comments on all streets welcome.

I wasn't sure what to do on the flop. I was going for a check-raise, but maybe I should lead this flop???? When it was 2 bets back to me, I was confused, so, of course, I raised. Is this a fold?

And then the river. I figured that he was only calling with a better hand and he might bluff at his busted flush if he had one. Is this a check-call?

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 9/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif. UTG posts a blind of $1.
UTG (poster) checks, MP calls, CO folds, Button folds, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (4 SB) K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG folds, <font color="CC3333">MP raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, BB folds, MP calls.

Turn: (5.50 BB) 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP calls.

River: (7.50 BB) 4/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">MP bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 9.50 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 9.50 BB, between Hero and MP.</font>

scooby
07-18-2004, 08:33 PM
Well, at first I didn't like it, but then I thought about it a bit-
Presumably MP would raise AA, KK, AK, and AQ preflop.
At 1/2 I'm betting he'd raise AJ, especially since there was a poster in front of him, so we can discount those hands.
AT he's limping.
You're ahead of all other aces except A3.
33 is a disaster.
I'm discounting K3
This is a draw heavy board- so there's not an unreasonable chance he's on the draw and is raising for a free card, or thinks his 88 or something will raise out a weak hand from the big blind.

Without strong read from the BB and MP, I might still fold it, but I don't hate it as much as I did at first thought, but I'm curious what your plan was to a turn raise?

River play is ok, especially if you think you're not getting AT or AJ to fold.

spydog
07-19-2004, 01:49 AM
I'm chucking this to a turn raise as he has to see my 3-bet as a very strong hand, and thus his raise would mean that he could beat a very strong hand (which it wasn't).

I like your analysis, as I was thinking the same thing....lower ace or busted draw.

Turns out he had AT and he took the pot.