PDA

View Full Version : 99 Turn Checkraise

Diplomat
07-18-2004, 02:06 PM
Good live 30-60 with 4 soft spots. Most pots have been 2-4 ways for 1-2 bets.

I open-raise UTG +1 with red nines. A very loose player calls on the button, the small blind calls, and the big blind calls.

The flop is 3 /images/graemlins/spade.gif5 /images/graemlins/club.gif8 /images/graemlins/spade.gif. Checked to me, I bet. The button raises, the small blind calls two cold, the big blind folds, I call.

The turn is Q /images/graemlins/heart.gif. Checked to the button who bets. The small blind calls, I checkraise, both call.

The river is the K /images/graemlins/spade.gif. Checked around.

-Diplomat

HiatusOver
07-18-2004, 02:36 PM
I don't like it too much Diplo. You say this player is very loose, nothing about his passive/aggressive...that would help a lot. Anyways, I 3-bet the flop and lead any turn. If not that then I definitely understand calling the flop but I think you risk a check behind on the turn here way to often and that is a disaster for you. Now if you say you KNEW the button would bet ANY HAND on the turn here then your play is ok, but I still would opt for the flop 3-bet, bet turn.

Clarkmeister
07-19-2004, 03:21 AM
Put me in the steam it on the flop camp. Your relative position on this hand just stinks, and since you can't count on controlling the turn action, and since so many turn cards will slow you down, just keep control. 3-bet and ram it home.