PDA

View Full Version : I guess this was a mistake

Riposte
07-18-2004, 08:21 AM
Ok... bad flop fold?

PokerStars 0.05/0.10 Hold'em (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, <font color="CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, MP2 folds, CO calls, Button folds, Hero calls, BB folds, UTG calls.

Flop: (9 SB) 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, <font color="CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, Hero folds, UTG calls, MP1 calls.

Turn: (9.50 BB) 6/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, MP1 checks, CO checks.

River: (9.50 BB) 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, CO calls, UTG folds.

Final Pot: 11.50 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 11.50 BB, between MP1 and CO.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by MP1 (11.50 BB).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
MP1 shows Ac Ad (one pair, aces).
CO shows Kd Qs (one pair, kings).
Outcome: MP1 wins 11.50 BB. </font>

sin808
07-18-2004, 08:27 AM
I probably would've folded this to the pf raise. Since you didn't I think folding when it's 2 back to you is fine. MP1 Showed aggression pf and on the flop, and seemed to like the K just fine (or it didn't bother him). If he's a reasonable player you're probably looking at AK, AA, or KK.

Peter Harris
07-18-2004, 08:28 AM
after it comes back to you 3-bet, you could be drawing to as few as 3 queen outs (vs AK). If they have a set, you're having to catch perfect.

Depends on your reads, but i may muck the flop here.

I'd be interested in hearing others' ideas.

Regards,
Pete Harris

Piiop
07-18-2004, 09:17 AM
This is a good fold.

Unless I know the raiser to have tight raising standards, I don't think it's a bad idea to call with this preflop. You just have to be sure if you can get away from it postflop - obviously, you could so it was a good decision. I would definitely call if it was suited.

Rico Suave
07-18-2004, 10:06 AM
Riposte:

If you believe that the raise is legit, then fold this preflop. You can raise with KQo, but you should not be calling many raises with it.

-Rico