PDA

View Full Version : 30-60 A8d steal attempt

03-12-2002, 04:55 PM
i have A8d in an 8 handed 30-60 game and im just to the right of the cutoff who has never seen me before and he is a regular pretty good player and

has just posted. folded to me and i raise, poster calls, button and blinds fold.

the flop is KQ4 with one diamond. i bet, he raises about one millisecond later. i call.

the turn is As. i check, he bets, i raise, he calls.

the river is a 2. i bet, he folds.

comments?

03-12-2002, 05:02 PM

03-12-2002, 07:23 PM

03-13-2002, 02:51 AM
Mike, like you said below, the river bet is a little suspect.

Since he's willing to raise the flop, I gotta think that if he has an A, he has a better kicker (either 2 pair, a AJ or AT) than you. Because of this, I have to check the river, hoping to induce a bluff, or lose only one bet to JT.

But other wise, I like how you played it.

Josh

03-13-2002, 11:40 PM
I think calling the raise on the flop is a negative expectation play but probably minor. Check raise is gutsy but I like it cuz he prolly doesnt have ak or aq. My biggest fear is tj or A4. I just dont like the three-outer plus runner runner draw on flop with the added problem of the ace hardly giving you the nuts. I'm not too crz about the river bet either but thats prolly cuz of hindsight. Looks like he has qj, qt or kt type of hand to me and I would have expected him to pay off too once he called turn.

-david aka potmo