PDA

View Full Version : Why do the Jews...

ilikebigbets
07-18-2004, 03:32 AM
Why do some say that the Jews run the government of the USA, the media, as well as Hollywood. It is apparent that although they only make up a small percentage of the population they represent a much greater perfectage in each of the respective areas. Being a Jew, is there something that I don't know about us, that all other do... are we inherently pieces of trash/greedballs? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

Seriously, why do people have such disgust over a certain group of people who don't harm others generally, who have had to struggle like no other group in the history of the world that's documented to survive as a group only to have so much ill will directed at them!?!? I'm not religious, I can identify with the culture and tradition, and all I know is that Judaism promotes the same thing as Christianity as well Islam for a person have moral and ethics... what's the beef? After all, shouldn't those who aren't Jewish be concerned with how they are treated by Jews and not what higher source they believe in however extreme and far-fetched they may find it. I am getting sick and tired of being labeled as a penny-pinching scumbag. Seriously, Fck all you haters, get a grip.

Stu Pidasso
07-18-2004, 04:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Why do some say that the Jews run the government of the USA, the media, as well as Hollywood. It is apparent that although they only make up a small percentage of the population they represent a much greater perfectage in each of the respective areas. Being a Jew, is there something that I don't know about us, that all other do... are we inherently pieces of

[/ QUOTE ]

Heres my take. I believe that jews have a very strong work ethic that is embedded into the jewish culture. The harder you work the more likely you are to succeed. Jews succeed becuase the work hard. This ain't rocket science.

[ QUOTE ]
Seriously, why do people have such disgust over a certain group of people who don't harm others generally

[/ QUOTE ]

Its natural for people to have a victim attitude. In order to be the victim, you have to assign blame somewhere other than onesself.

[ QUOTE ]
who have had to struggle like no other group in the history of the world that's documented to survive as a group

[/ QUOTE ]

Again people naturally have this victim attitude. Even the jews. The simple truth of the matter is that other people have had equal or more difficult struggles.

[ QUOTE ]
I am getting sick and tired of being labeled as a penny-pinching scumbag. Seriously, Fck all you haters, get a grip.

[/ QUOTE ]

Every group is derogatorily labeled by some other group.
Don't think your special. The truth is you are not.

Stu

dsm
07-18-2004, 06:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Why do some say that the Jews run the government of the USA

[/ QUOTE ]
If Kerry is elected President, that will no longer be a matter of opinion.
Kerry's Jewish Roots (http://my.brandeis.edu/news/item?news_item_id=101246)

[ QUOTE ]
Seriously, why do people have such disgust over a certain group of people who don't harm others generally

[/ QUOTE ]
Good question, you'd think you guys have hoofs and horns by listening to the rantings spewed of some people (Bobby Fisher being a typical example).

-dsm

theBruiser500
07-18-2004, 06:40 AM
Is this post a joke?

BTW, not only do Jews have good work ethic, also emphasis on academics in Jewish culture.

nef
07-18-2004, 10:57 AM
Because they help eachother get jobs, network etc. As opposed to selling eachother crack and murdering eachother.

B Dids
07-18-2004, 12:59 PM
Highly, Highly uncool.

FeliciaLee
07-18-2004, 01:43 PM
If we speak clearly from a biblical perspective, forgetting every other thing, then it makes a lot of sense.

Jewish people, Israelites, are blessed, but also cursed, in a sense, for their disobedience to God once He brought them out of slavery in Egypt and gave them Israel. He said they were "stiff necked" many times and made it clear that many nations would set themselves against Israel. He also said they would lose that land, then get it back in the future.

I'm not preaching at all, I'm just repeating things written in the Old Testament, but if you are looking for answers that seem to make sense, this pretty much tells it all. You can start from Exodus and go through Joshua, if you are interested.

Felicia /images/graemlins/smile.gif

HiatusOver
07-18-2004, 03:10 PM
"He" as in god right? I am glad you take all of this that "he" said and present it as FACT. Your words "clearly" and "ANSWERS that seem to make sense" are pretty scary and offensive to me

FeliciaLee
07-18-2004, 03:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
"He" as in god right? I am glad you take all of this that "he" said and present it as FACT. Your words "clearly" and "ANSWERS that seem to make sense" are pretty scary and offensive to me

[/ QUOTE ]
What I think makes no difference at all.

I'm just saying that if someone wanted to read one person's account of something, he could do it there.

Sort of like the book The Beach. If I wanted to read a fictional account of a guy living on a deserted island in Thailand, I could read it in the book, The Beach.

The FACT being that he could read the book, not that the book was a FACT.

Chris Alger
07-18-2004, 03:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Jewish people, Israelites, are blessed, but also cursed, in a sense, for their disobedience to God once He brought them out of slavery in Egypt and gave them Israel. He said they were "stiff necked" many times and made it clear that many nations would set themselves against Israel. He also said they would lose that land, then get it back in the future.

I'm not preaching at all, I'm just repeating things written in the Old Testament, but if you are looking for answers that seem to make sense, this pretty much tells it all.

[/ QUOTE ]
So around 3,000 years ago certain Jews elected to disobey God, and as a result "Jewish people" of today are "cursed, in a sense," owing to some eradicable infection of ancient choice into the biologic or cultural lineage of all future generations.

Please explain how that "makes sense."

FeliciaLee
07-18-2004, 03:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
So around 3,000 years ago certain Jews elected to disobey God, and as a result "Jewish people" of today are "cursed, in a sense," owing to some eradicable infection of ancient choice into the biologic or cultural lineage of all future generations.

Please explain how that "makes sense."

[/ QUOTE ]
He was wondering why people seem to bear so much "ill will" towards the jews. So if he was looking for the answer, and could not find it, someone had written it long ago.

Whether or not it is true, whether or not he, or anyone else believes it (including me), is moot. I was just pointing out that it has been written before, this isn't the first time that someone has wondered why Jewish people are treated so badly in the world.

bdk3clash
07-18-2004, 04:34 PM
ilikebigbets:

I'm Jewish and a member of the International Zionist Conspiracy. PM me for details.

Didn't you get the memo?

Gamblor
07-18-2004, 05:16 PM
To a large extent it's true.

There's a lot of that going on in Canada, but even if you're Jewish, you still have to be good at what you do before someone will do you a favour.

The reason it happens is because the Jewish community here is relatively close-knit. As a result of decades of persecution (and passed-on stories about persecution), there's a comraderie that comes with other Jews. It's a defence mechanism, IMO.

Because of this close-knit community, reputations are very quickly built and destroyed, and widely disseminated across the community.

Everyone in the Jewish community knows who the good people are, and everyone knows them when they walk up to the door looking for a job. As opposed to a guy they'd never heard of before.

Jewish mothers ask their friends they meet at synogogue or Hebrew day school about their daughters, sons, about their places of work, etc. etc. and that's why Jews help out other Jews; not because they hate everyone else or think they're better than everyone else, but simply because they're always around each other at daily activities. Is that bad?

Gamblor
07-18-2004, 05:19 PM
Wait, I'd rather you not use the internet for this.

Remember, I control the media.

B Dids
07-18-2004, 07:37 PM
I'm not sure you got the point of what I was suggesting to be uncool- which was the implied racism towards groups other than Jews in the post to which I was responding.

paland
07-19-2004, 01:31 AM
The Jews are OK. At least they don't try to impose their will on others under the cover of their "God", like a certain sect does.

ACPlayer
07-19-2004, 08:03 AM
I agree. Of the three main monotheistic religions, I like many of the qualities of Judaism. The sense of community, family and tradition -- and as you correctly point out they dont prosletyze. The other two religions should learn these lessons.

MaxPower
07-19-2004, 09:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]
ilikebigbets:

I'm Jewish and a member of the International Zionist Conspiracy. PM me for details.

Didn't you get the memo?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll see you at the next world domination meeting.

Gamblor
07-19-2004, 11:17 AM
the implied racism towards groups other than Jews in the post to which I was responding.

I took that to address the implied racism by Jews against non-Jews in saying "they network". I responded with, in that post,

that's why Jews help out other Jews; not because they hate everyone else or think they're better than everyone else

Unless I misunderstood the original post.

theBruiser500
07-19-2004, 12:42 PM
"Because they help eachother get jobs, network etc. As opposed to selling eachother crack and murdering eachother"

i think this is more of an insult to black people than jews.

MaxPower
07-19-2004, 01:39 PM
People of my grandparents generation had a distrust of the "goyim". They came from Russia or Poland where they were persecuted by the non-jews, so they naturally were not inclined to trust them. When they came to America they continued to almost exclusively do business with and associate with other Jews. In my opinion, this was mostly due to distrust of non-jews that was only natural considering their background.

This attitude was still prevelant (but less so) in my parent's generation. In my generation, it hardly exists at all, but there is still some remnants of it in our character. For instance, when I went to choose a doctor from my health plan, I choose one with a Jewish name. This is despite the fact that I have been to black and hispanic doctors in the past and have had good experiences with them and have at least one negative exprience with a Jewish doctor.

Jews are hardly the only ethnic group to trust their kind more than outsiders. It is a basic principle of group dynamics. I would probably trust a 2+2 poster more than a RGP poster, even though there is no rational reason to do so. But I think that this tendency is exagerrated in the Jewish people because of our history.

Gamblor
07-19-2004, 02:47 PM
I never heard the phenomenon put so succintly and eloquently before.

What he said.

sfer
07-19-2004, 02:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Eh, still sounds like a distant second to the Stonecutters to me. Sing me a cool song and I'll consider conversion.