PDA

View Full Version : 30-60 punishing a semibluff or smoking crack?

03-12-2002, 04:32 PM
at an 8 handed 30-60 table i have Q6c in the big blind. the button open raises, sb calls (weak mediocre playing lady), i call.

the flop is QJ5 with two clubs. it's checked around.

the turn is the 9d. sb checks, i bet, button raises, sb folds, i 3 bet, button calls.

the river is 5s. i bet.

comments?

03-12-2002, 04:40 PM
Since you are thinking the button is trying to steal the blinds with a raise, you have to either fold or re-raise. You should then have bet the flop.--Big Al--

03-12-2002, 06:27 PM
Man, I hate the bet on the river.

You've got a hand that beats all his semi-bluffs, and loses to (or ties) all legitimate hands. There is no hand better than (or equal to) yours that he's going to fold.

So you eliminate the possibility that he'll bluff on the river. And he makes a crying call with some better hands that he would have checked down (e.g. KQ) because of your aggression on the turn.

I don't think it's crack-smoking bad, but I can't imagine why you bet the river.

Regards, Lee

03-12-2002, 06:44 PM
He is in the big blind, and he shouldn't raise.

D.

03-12-2002, 08:24 PM
lee,

i think youre right about the river and i really appreciate the help on that.

and i think betting the river (A8d) in the hand above was a mistake as well as i couldve easily induced a bluff. would you look at that one as well and tell me what you think?

mike

03-13-2002, 02:08 PM
Who thinks Mike should throw this hand away when he has to beat 2 players with this type of hand. The likelihood of someone have a Q is more likely now and against 2 opponents it is harder to win if he hits the 6. I haven't heard a poster mention the thought of folding here? Does anyone think a fold is in order here? And what about if it was just against the steal raiser? I know its better now, but is it good enough to play in this spot? It seems like a hand that could get you in alot of trouble especially against 2 opponents. What do you guys think?