PDA

View Full Version : Newbie at the Mirage 10-20

06-03-2002, 04:24 PM
I'm a local player, who usually plays low limits at Boulder Station, and but I took a shot at 10-20 at the Mirage last night....it was a very good experience. I'm not sure if I was sitting at a table with 2 + 2 legends Dynasty or Clarkmeister, heck I wouldn't know what they looked like are even if they were sitting next to me the entire time.. I made a profit and gain some valuable experience I hope to use in the future.

Although I did make a little money, I had the worst bad beat of my life...when my full house was beaten by a straight flush /images/smile.gif I lost about 200 on that hand. Oh well....that's poker.....

I don't profess to be pro or would I want to....but I love the game of poker and if I could make a few bucks on the side to help pay my car I'm for it.....more importantly, if I can improve my game against stiffer competition, it'll only help me in the future. Will definately play a lot more 10-20 at the Mirage.....although I won't forget my roots of 4-8 at Boulder Station... /images/smile.gif

06-03-2002, 05:05 PM
Check his post from last night and see if the hand looks familiar:

http://www.twoplustwo.com/cgi-bin/newforums/inet.pl?read=35159

BTW, I play at Boulder once in a while. Especially now that I'm spending alot of time teaching the girlfriend how to play. We've probabaly seen each other before.

06-03-2002, 05:56 PM
That was me /images/smile.gif LOL!!! Boy, did that hand shake me up.

Yeah, we've probably seen other...I'm the usually the guy (at Boulder) donned in Atlanta Falcon gear. /images/smile.gif

06-03-2002, 06:15 PM
We were in the same game.

I think I remember what you look like and will look for you in future games. If you're wearing that Falcon gear, it'll be easy.

You should consider posting the hand because I think you misplayed it both pre-flop and on the flop. You had 99 and called a pre-flop raise. At the 10-20 level, you probably need to either 3-bet or fold. When the flop cam T,Tc,Jc and one of the blinds bet into the pre-flop raiser, you should have folded. The pre-flop raiser's smooth call looked suspicious to me. He would have raised with an overpair. I thought he may have had JJ. I'm surprised he didn't raise with his KcQc.

06-03-2002, 06:24 PM
Your absolutely right! I chalk it to inexperience on my part...That's how you get better I suppose...experience the lumps..then learn from them...That bad beat will always be at the back of my mind when I'm dealt pocket 9s /images/smile.gif Geezz...I'll probably have nightmares of 9's dancing in my head...

06-04-2002, 09:59 AM
Hey Clarkmeister- Do we really need another "poker-playing Babe" in the game? /images/wink.gif Geeze........Are you sure you want to take her down this road, or are you just trying to get her away from the video crack machines? Who the heck is going to support you if she quits her job to become a pro? YIKES /images/biggrin.gif Hope to see her soon kicking butt at the Mirage. Babe

06-04-2002, 10:01 AM
balt999 - You are in good company with Clarkmeister and Dynasty. Those boys can show you some new tricks, for sure. Always try to watch the better players in the game and then....do what they do. Good luck as you move up. Babe