PDA

View Full Version : KK against god-knows what?

jojomachine
07-18-2004, 01:49 AM
Internet Hold'em Limit $0.50/$1.00
Hero has KK and has posted big and small blind
Preflop: UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, MP1-3 folds, Hero raises, LP folds, SB folds, BB

calls, UTG+1 calls
Flop: Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif4 /images/graemlins/heart.gif5 /images/graemlins/club.gif. BB checks, UTG+1 checks, Hero bets, BB calls,

UTG+1 folds.
Turn: 3 /images/graemlins/spade.gif. BB checks, Hero bets, BB calls.
Here's where I'm less sure of myself.
River: A /images/graemlins/spade.gif. We both check. I show my pair and he shows a smaller pocket

pair. The guy is a bit loose, and would call preflop when he shouldn't have. Did I cost

myself 1 big bet?

skunkworks
07-18-2004, 01:55 AM
Yes, you costed yourself one big bet. The range of losing hands he'll call with are a lot bigger than the winning hands, and that makes it an easy value bet.

Nemesis
07-18-2004, 01:57 AM
I think this is a great example of FNTF. Bet away at this river. He's given you no reason to think you're beat. If he has Ax crap then so be it... in the long run this is a winning bet.

*FNTF = fear not the flush

jojomachine
07-18-2004, 02:15 AM
okay, thanks. I thought so. But now I'd like to know what to do if I had been check-raised on the river? Is that a good time to throw the cowboys away?

Nemesis
07-18-2004, 02:22 AM
I'd say that depends on your read. If you think it a strong player capable of a check/raise bluff well you got to call.

skunkworks
07-18-2004, 02:31 AM
I counted something like 9 big bets in that pot assuming that you bet the river and got check-raised. With the pot offering you 9:1 odds, do you think KK will be good here more than that? It could fall either way depending on your read of that player. I'd probably muck assuming no read on the BB.