PDA

View Full Version : Presidential race almost a pickem offshore now

Clarkmeister
07-18-2004, 01:02 AM
Pretty amazing considering Bush was at -190 not that long ago. Line from Pinnacle.

Party to win 2004 US Presidential Election
21 Republican Party -109
22 Democratic Party -101

GWB
07-18-2004, 06:20 AM
Whoa, what a HUGE overlay!

Is it legal to bet on yourself?

SinCityGuy
07-18-2004, 09:26 AM
There is also a significant turnaround in recent polling. For the first time in the race, a plurality of those polled believe that Kerry will win the election, regardless of who they plan to vote for.

adios
07-19-2004, 12:39 AM
Do you think the line is indicative of how the bookmakers are handicapping the election or where the betting is at? I think the line is more indicative of the latter i.e. the bookmakers trying to get a line where the money is distributed equally on both sides.

Rooster71
07-19-2004, 01:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Do you think the line is indicative of how the bookmakers are handicapping the election or where the betting is at? I think the line is more indicative of the latter i.e. the bookmakers trying to get a line where the money is distributed equally on both sides.

[/ QUOTE ]
Is pinnacle a futures market? Sort of like TradeSports?

Clarkmeister
07-19-2004, 01:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The latter is far more likely to be correct at a given moment than the former.