PDA

View Full Version : New to tournys, please comment on this bubble fold

blackaces13
07-17-2004, 11:51 PM
Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t400 (4 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

saw flop|<font color="C00000">saw showdown</font>

Hero (t785)
BB (t4790)
UTG (t1950)
Button (t475)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG folds, Button folds, Hero folds.

Final Pot: t600
<font color="green">Main Pot: t600 (t600), returned to BB.</font>

I felt that I probably had BB beaten but if he called as he should after my all in there was enough of a chance of my losing that I felt it better to wait for the blinds to put Button all in in a couple of hands. Make sense?

holeplug
07-18-2004, 12:11 AM
I would push here almost everytime. There is no guarantee that the button won't double up again and even if he does get blinded out, your stack would be so low at that point that your not getting anything but 3rd which isn't what you want.

PITTM
07-18-2004, 12:19 AM
i agree, push here. if you lose this tourney because of it and the next time you make the same move and double up and get a higher finish, its worth it. play aggressive on the bubble. it will help you win much more often and set the tone for your future outplaying of the other players at the table.

rj

joker1976
07-18-2004, 12:49 AM
i can not agree on pushing. It seems to me an easy fold. Button will go out over 50% of the time, even if he doubles up, there's no guarantee BB or UTG will play when it's your blind. You are a big favor ITM. If you push and get doubled up, you are still not in good shape if button doubles up. Chip leader will often attempt to steal when everyone has 3x or 4x blind size stack, but will not do so when someone is allin on BB anyway. Assuming that you won with your A5, and button also doubles up and you are dealt J7(average hand) on BB, chip leader pushes allin and you know that he may be stealing with anything, everyone fold, can you call, how about K7, can you call? There's no guarantee that you can be ITM with more chips if you push. By pushing, you will not hurt chip leader, but definitely helps UTG and button.

AtlBrvs4Life
07-18-2004, 03:22 AM
This is a tough one because there is almost no folding equity if you push. If the BB has any idea of what he's doing he will call with any two cards. A5s against a random hand will win 60% of the time. So 60% of the time you double up and have a chance at a higher finish, and 40% of the time you lose your buy-in.

I think I would still push because the short stack could easily double up, leaving you with 585 and the blinds coming around again. If anybody can apply the actual math here, I would appreciate it.