PDA

View Full Version : Need advise

03-11-2002, 07:25 PM
My problem is a simple one....I am getting bad beat after bad and to make the matter worse my cards are so cold it is almost unbeleivable.

My questions are these, should I take some time off to maybe let the cards change? Would it be better if I just played some tournaments instead of live play and try to work through the cold card problems? Is there any conceivable way to avoid people drawing out on me in limit hold'em? lastly would it be better to play either a higher stakes game then 15-30 or since I can be so aggressive maybe a low blind no-limit or pot limit?

03-11-2002, 08:51 PM
Nope.

03-11-2002, 09:19 PM
Is there any

conceivable way to avoid people drawing out on me in limit hold'em?

I think this question of yours indictates a poor understanding of limit hold em. Protecting your hand is a crucial element at any stakes. I suspect, however,that you make other errors and the times you get sucked out on are not the problem. Basically, I'm saying don't be so reults-oriented and learn how to consistently make better decisions than your opponents i.e. improve your game.

03-11-2002, 09:49 PM
The cards have no memory, so taking time off to allow them to change is silly. Yes, you will go through periods when you can't get a good hand to play...the question is, are you playing some of them anyway? If you are, and are being drawn out on, then these are not bad beats.

Concentrate on making the right decisions...in the long run they will make you money, and this is the key to the successful poker player. If you're not making the proper decisions or are succumbing to the temptation to "play crap hands like the rest of 'em" then take time off and study some more to increase your hand selection skills and gain some more emotional control and discipline.

If you think you're doing everything right, study anyway. Teach someone to play, so you are forced to review and verbalize all your basics of hand selection, position, betting, hand reading, reading tells, etc.

Going up in stakes while not patching up any leaks in your game, in my opinion, is a foolhardy thing to do. I've personally seen players lose their entire bankroll that way.

Back to battle,

Riker

03-11-2002, 10:35 PM
I find the best way to rise above this problem is to bring a lighter and a small can of gasoline the next time you play cards. Then, when the cards turn cold, you drench the dealer with a little methanol and light his pseudo tux on fire.

As he rolls across the floor, screaming in agony and tripping cocktail waitresses, yell, no, boom out from your diaphram "HA! HA! HA! Now you see the penalty of giving me cold cards. By Beezlebub himself you pay the price!"

Your next hand will be a winner. Trust me on this one.

03-12-2002, 07:00 PM
Frankie,

Get laid, get drunk, go to the art gallery! Take some time off.

Depending upon your philosophy, the bad beats may still be waiting for you...BUT, in my experience, when I am getting beaten that way I am playing BAD TOO.

Running bad leads to playing bad which leads to damnation--or least destruction of bankroll.

Bad streaks do eventually end!

toro