PDA

View Full Version : Another AA hand for review

JDErickson
07-17-2004, 07:38 PM
Loose table. Opponent is on a maniac streak and raising every hand. 2 hands before he raised A3o UTG, then 3 bet the flop with nothing. Hit an A on river to win.

Absolute Poker 2/4 Hold'em (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is CO with A/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="666666">3 folds</font>, UTG calls.

Flop: (7.50 SB) Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG calls.

Turn: (5.75 BB) 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">UTG raises</font>, Hero calls.

River: (9.75 BB) 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG calls.

Final Pot: 13.75 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 13.75 BB, between Hero and UTG.</font>

Comments?

Thanx

Baulucky
07-17-2004, 08:04 PM
IMO, you are giving too much action holding just a pair, with flushed and/or paired boards.

Illininate
07-17-2004, 08:13 PM
I think it looks good. He may have a flush or a 9, but since he's a maniac he'll often have Ace high, two pair, etc.

If a fourth spade comes off on the river, do you just call?

Alobar
07-17-2004, 08:34 PM
Given your read I prolly 3 bet his turn CR, a maniac most likely bluffs here trying to represent the flush, or at least has a spade. Make him pay for his overaggresiveness.

I dunno if I like the river raise. A raise is only correct if you think you have the best hand AND he will call. If all he is doing is bluffing, he's not going to call. If he got lucky and hit his 9 he's 3 betting, if he really does have the flush, hes 3 betting. If hes the "I bluff all the time" manaic, I think the turn raise his better because he still call hoping to catch, were on the river he just folds. Course some maniacs would 3 bet the river with nothing, so who knows, I'm just babbling anyway, heh.

jslag
07-17-2004, 08:36 PM
I think you played it okay. I'm not too worried about the flush board since he is a maniac and many like to wait to check-raise on the turn with just top pair (Q here). However, I'm thinking you could have 3-bet the turn if you're planning on raising him on the river like you did. You might lose him right there and kill any draws to trips/two pair he may have had, and gain some info about his hand depending on if he caps or just calls.

Just thinking out loud...

JDErickson
07-18-2004, 02:15 AM
Opponent flopped QTs and drug the pot with flush.

THanx
Jim

tech
07-18-2004, 03:15 AM
I wouldn't raise the river. This is almost certainly a flush.

nepenthe
07-18-2004, 03:18 AM
I can't say that the opponent almost certainly has a flush without a read. People tend to get feisty HU and he could easily have a single A /images/graemlins/spade.gif, some crappy two pair, or even TP alone. That said, I'd also say a river raise here is somewhat irresponsible. You have a showdown-worthy hand so why risk having to call (or god forbid, fold to) a 3-bet?

tech
07-18-2004, 03:26 AM
Yeah, you can't say for sure that he has it, but this is classic flush action on every street.