PDA

View Full Version : Help my money game...

babigm
07-17-2004, 05:21 PM
Wasn't sure where to put this, here or the Heads-up forum, but since I encounter it a lot more during sit-n-go's and I try to avoid heads-up cash games, I'll keep it here for now.

I play at UB, and have been playing a lot more of the sng's since the recent promotion, and have noticed that I finish second many, many more times then I finish first. I do well in getting in the money, and pretty well three-handed (I have much fewer), but in heads-up I stink. Even with big chip leads, 7000 to 3000, I have trouble getting that one kill shot and end up doubling up opponents much more then I should. With short stacks, I tend to be very aggressive and I scrape up the blinds and some smaller pots for a while, but often times I find those hard earned winnings wiped out when I get caught bluffing once or twice, and I'm either finished or back to where I started.

I also have trouble against people who play very aggressively, which is to be expected I guess, but I find myself too dependent on waiting to get a monster hand. Yet if I try to play back, a lot of times it ends up in a quick exit. I'm not sure how to take control of a game like that, other then getting great cards and hoping for the best. What sort of strategy should I be taking against these opponents with or without the chip lead?