PDA

View Full Version : 9/18 99 hand

potato
07-17-2004, 04:16 PM
9/18 at Lucky Chances.

I haven't played a hand in the first round because I haven't caught anything worth playing and I was reading Card Player. Well, Card Player still sucks, so I throw it on the ground and fold another couple hands until I am dealt 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif in MP.

UTG limps, this doesn't mean much. I raise. Both blinds call and we head to the flop.

Flop is 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif. Checked to me, I bet, SB checkraises. Folded back to me. I think about calling with the intention of raising the turn but decide to 3-bet. SB calls.

Turn is 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif. SB checks, I bet, SB checkraises. Fold? Call down? Call and make a decision on the river?

daryn
07-17-2004, 07:28 PM
seems like you'd have to have a dead-on read to fold this here. actually, it really looks like a full house by the turn. call and make a decision on the river i'd say.

potato
07-17-2004, 10:04 PM
1 response? I see you guys talking all kinds of junk about what an [censored] daryn is -- if you don't respond to my post you are EVEN WORSE THAN HIM.

italianstang
07-17-2004, 10:05 PM
Its all about your read, but it seems like he could easily be playing 34 or 68 and betting his open ended really hard.

Nightwish
07-17-2004, 11:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
1 response? I see you guys talking all kinds of junk about what an [censored] daryn is -- if you don't respond to my post you are EVEN WORSE THAN HIM.

[/ QUOTE ]
Dude, you need to chill.

P.S. Just call down.

potato
07-17-2004, 11:41 PM
Dude, it was a joke.

Thanks for your reply though.

astroglide
07-18-2004, 12:40 AM
you're going to be unhappy with the turn card here most of the time so i don't like even thinking about waiting for the turn to raise. as for what to do on the turn, "it depends". i think you'd be making money the long run if you called this against everyone, but you're certainly losing money if you don't lay this down when the time is right.

potato
07-18-2004, 01:32 AM
The thought that led me to consider waiting for the turn is that perhaps his checkraise more well defined his hand in a way that I could navigate possible scare cards.

Anyway, I decided that I didn't know what I wanted to see on the turn (except for a 9, of course), so I 3-bet the flop.

potato
07-18-2004, 05:19 AM
A brief recap:

On the turn the board was 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif. SB checkraised the flop and I 3-bet. SB checkraised the turn. I called the turn checkraise.

The river: Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif. SB bets.

Qu'est-ce qu'on fait?

onegymrat
07-18-2004, 10:36 AM
Hi Potato,

Being that it was headsup and you stated no read on SB, I would call him down.

potato
07-19-2004, 03:21 AM
Now that the flush draw had come in, I hated my hand even more. But if I'm going to call the turn, I'm going to call the river, so I called.

SB showed A/images/graemlins/club.gif 2/images/graemlins/club.gif for three deuces and dragged the pot.