PDA

View Full Version : New to SnG's

skirtus
07-17-2004, 03:15 PM
I just recently started playing SnG's on Paradise. I keep a bankroll there for multi-table tournaments. I enjoy playing these large tournaments and have consistant finishes in the money with even a few wins. I played my first $5+1 SnG and won. I played 4 more and won another and came in 2nd on 2 more. I normally play limit poker on Party and was wondering how profitable SnG's can be. I read that the $10+1 SnG's at Party arent that tough. It seems that these SnGs can be rather profitable. Do you feel a person can make more money play these than limit .50/1.00 or 1.00/2.00.

Martin Aigner
07-17-2004, 04:23 PM
Skirtus,

SnG´s are easily beatable, but I´d sure recommend playing the 10+1 buy in, since the players won´t be any better and the rake is "only" 10% (instead of 20% at the 5+1 buy in).

I can´t say whether they are more profitable to the cash games you mentioned but personally I think they are way more fun to play. Another factor might be: If you are tilting easily you might be better off playing SnGs.

Best regards

Martin Aigner

eastbay
07-17-2004, 05:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I just recently started playing SnG's on Paradise. I keep a bankroll there for multi-table tournaments. I enjoy playing these large tournaments and have consistant finishes in the money with even a few wins. I played my first $5+1 SnG and won. I played 4 more and won another and came in 2nd on 2 more. I normally play limit poker on Party and was wondering how profitable SnG's can be. I read that the $10+1 SnG's at Party arent that tough. It seems that these SnGs can be rather profitable. Do you feel a person can make more money play these than limit .50/1.00 or 1.00/2.00.

[/ QUOTE ]

The lower buy-in SnGs are routinely beatable for around 30-40% ROI for a lot of posters. That doesn't mean you will achieve that, but it is achievable. Since they last about 45 minutes, that's about $5/hr for the $10+1s.

I don't know what's achievable in say, 1/2 games, but there's your point of comparison.

eastbay

mackthefork
07-17-2004, 05:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Another factor might be: If you are tilting easily you might be better off playing SnGs.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL thats easily the truest thing i've read in ages.

I think you should find playing 10+1 SNGs more profitable than playing 50/1 limit expect about $3 per hour playing limit (1 table), probably $6 per hour playing 10+1 SNGs 1 at a time on Party.

Are these figures fair enough people 35-40% ROI 40 mins a tourney.

Regards ML