PDA

View Full Version : Tough break for Chris Moneymanker in Stars WCOOP 5000 pt satellite

VeryTnA
07-17-2004, 02:55 PM
PokerStars Game #550486666: Tournament #2035483, Hold'em No Limit - Level II (15/30) - 2004/07/17 - 14:33:17 (ET)
Table '2035483 27' Seat #8 is the button
Seat 1: Teldar (1945 in chips)
Seat 2: Mpditty33 (2690 in chips)
Seat 3: VeryTnA (1470 in chips)
Seat 4: Money800 (965 in chips)
Seat 5: supertomten (3220 in chips)
Seat 6: hardog13 (1455 in chips)
Seat 7: straddler (1975 in chips)
Seat 8: frog426 (1360 in chips)
Teldar: posts small blind 15
Mpditty33: posts big blind 30
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to VeryTnA [Xc Xs]
VeryTnA: folds
Money800: raises 30 to 60
supertomten: raises 240 to 300
hardog13: folds
chris75 is connected
straddler: folds
frog426: folds
Teldar: folds
Mpditty33: folds
Money800: raises 665 to 965 and is all-in
supertomten: calls 665
Money800 said, "nh"
*** FLOP *** [Ac Th Qc]
*** TURN *** [Ac Th Qc] [7s]
*** RIVER *** [Ac Th Qc 7s] [4s]
*** SHOW DOWN ***
Money800: shows [Js Jd] (a pair of Jacks)
supertomten: shows [Qs Qd] (three of a kind, Queens)
supertomten collected 1975 from pot
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 1975 | Rake 0
Board [Ac Th Qc 7s 4s]
Seat 1: Teldar (small blind) folded before Flop
Seat 2: Mpditty33 (big blind) folded before Flop
Seat 3: VeryTnA folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 4: Money800 showed [Js Jd] and lost with a pair of Jacks
Seat 5: supertomten showed [Qs Qd] and won (1975) with three of a kind, Queens
Seat 6: hardog13 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 7: straddler folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 8: frog426 (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet)

daryn
07-17-2004, 03:45 PM
why is this important again?

why did u X out your hole cards? you know anyone can just look up this hand # right?

VeryTnA
07-17-2004, 04:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I would think that only readers who care about Moneymaker would have clicked on the post to begin with. Why did you read this post?

This post was more interesting than spam. Lots of people have an interest in how the former champ is doing. Especially a hand that puts him out of a tournament.
[ QUOTE ]
why did u X out your hole cards? you know anyone can just look up this hand # right?

[/ QUOTE ]
If someone wants to go to the trouble of looking up my hole cards thats fine. They can see I muck cheese in early position. Normally I would have gone all in bluffing, but the thought of a world champ next to act made me nervous.

Jurollo
07-17-2004, 04:47 PM
I think you are just trying to brag about playing with a "world champ". Too bad it was an FPP tourney and not something meaningful /images/graemlins/tongue.gif Either that or you are in a contest to see how much you can say "world champ" in one thread.

World Champ, World Champ, World Champ, World Champ, World Champ, World Champ, World Champ! There now you lose that too!

VeryTnA
07-17-2004, 05:00 PM
I've played with him before. Its no big deal he is there all the time. I've never seen him knocked out. That was kinda interesting.

And no, I'm not going to top you saying WC. I'll let you keep that honor.

Note to self: Some people are cranky today.

Acesover8s
07-17-2004, 05:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Because it has no bearing on the play of the hand. Furthermore, if you look up the hand his cards will not be shown, really, you should know that by now.

Having a disagreement is fine, but do you ever think that maybe you're disagreeing just to be disagreeable?

MicroBob
07-17-2004, 05:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Having a disagreement is fine, but do you ever think that maybe you're disagreeing just to be disagreeable?

[/ QUOTE ]

i disagree.

Benholio
07-17-2004, 05:32 PM
Tough break, or bad play? This forum is full of "amateurs" who wouldn't make these kind of mistakes. Level II, early position, and he opens up with a min-raise?? This is never a good play! The only benefit to this play, I GUESS, is that if someone comes back at you really big, you can lay the hand down and only lose 60 chips. So what does he do?? RE-raises all-in and puts his whole stack on the line with JJ?? That is just a terrible play! The only "tough break" he took here was that someone was watching and posted it on a public forum so we can all ridicule him.

djack
07-17-2004, 05:59 PM
it was only a satellite, and thus strategy is a little different.

i'm not a big fan of the play, but it's not horrible.

VeryTnA
07-17-2004, 06:37 PM
For those of you who were flaming me....You clicked on a post to read about Moneymaker when you really have no interest in anything about him.
I busted out 17th and do NOT get a seat in the big one.
I hope this makes you happy and gives some type of satisfation. After all I posted something you don't care about. Good Luck, and keep up the worthless spam about whatever site you are hawking this week. I now return you to your regular spam.....

gabyyyyy
07-17-2004, 06:52 PM
And we are supposed to care because?????

Leo Bello
07-17-2004, 07:08 PM
No purpose the fighting over this matter. Let it be.

daryn
07-17-2004, 07:11 PM
whoa.. i never said anything like "i don't care about moneymaker" but this post is simply stupid.

wow, you mean he got all in preflop with JJ?... and he was up against QQ? unreal!!

the hand is just completely uninteresting. it doesn't matter that it's moneymaker, hellmuth, negreanu, or anyone. it's just an uninteresting hand, that's all.

Jurollo
07-17-2004, 07:25 PM
I, for the record, just wrote that message because I was hungover and felt like crap this morning. So i had the right to be an A-hole for no reason.

RollaJ
07-17-2004, 07:29 PM
Why not just call with JJ?

VeryTnA
07-17-2004, 09:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
the hand is just completely uninteresting. it doesn't matter that it's moneymaker, hellmuth, negreanu, or anyone. it's just an uninteresting hand, that's all.

[/ QUOTE ]
Next time I will PM you and ask if a hand / player meets your approval before I post something again.....LOL....When Pigs Fly.

Thythe
07-17-2004, 09:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Next time I will PM you and ask if a hand / player meets your approval before I post something again.....LOL....When Pigs Fly.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good idea. If you PM both me and him, we can make sure not much gets through. Thanks again.

daryn
07-17-2004, 11:29 PM
thanks dickhead! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

/images/graemlins/heart.gif-daryn

PITTM
07-18-2004, 12:50 AM
ok, so as he has said, he thought if you clicked on the link you would care about christ moneymakers progress, you obviously dont, so why click it in the first place? you dont own the forum, he can post whatever he likes, especially if it is relevant to internet poker, as the WCCOP would be, so give him a break and quit being a dick.

rj

daryn
07-18-2004, 01:29 AM
i never said he should not post. i never said that i don't care about chris (not christ, but we know how al capone jr. thinks about the "followers") moneymaker's progress. i just said the hand was terribly uninteresting.

ok ok, who cares right? i'm just saying, say i posted a hand like this...

---------------------------------
hey guys! the other day i was at the bellagio and i saw CHRIST MONEYMAKER!!!

he was playing texas holdem!

he picked up a 8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif4 /images/graemlins/club.gif utg and he folded it!

the end.
---------------------------------

i'd expect some people to tell me it was a crappy post.

another thing, this clown just posts the hand history fresh from his email. not too bright /images/graemlins/frown.gif

if you want to sell this post TnA at least make it more attractive to the casual lurker.

VeryTnA
07-18-2004, 02:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]
if you want to sell this post TnA at least make it more attractive to the casual lurker.

[/ QUOTE ]
Sell ???? WTF are you talking about. It was a post. Nothing more. Are you on dope? I can't beleive you have not drown in your own puke.
You can keep this thread going if you want. It ends here for me. I've got more hands to post from other Champs that I hope you find equally as boring.

theBruiser500
07-18-2004, 07:58 AM
I agree 100% with Daryn. VeryTnA, your post is idiotic and pointless. Moreover, the title to this thread is "tough break..." whereas it should really be "misplayed hand..."

daryn
07-18-2004, 09:45 AM
yes, sell. you'll never cut it in this world if you can't spruce up a boring post like that. throw some embellishment in there! tell it like a story.

moneymaker peels up those jakes, and stares the other guy down through his oakleys, before moving all in. a bead of sweat trickles down his furrowed brow.

the other guy calls with QQ! flop cards are dealt, as are a turn and river. QQ holds up! the crowd roars in excitement as a world champion is eliminated on this sad day for poker. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

RiverMel
07-18-2004, 12:32 PM
lol. look for my upcoming trip report from AC. I'm planning on making up a story about getting a blowjob from a cocktail waitress. I wonder if anyone's going to call me out on it.

bumperzilch
07-18-2004, 03:47 PM
i think people are also free to respond negatively to posts and to tell people they dont like them. Ive moneymaker on pokerstars and im sure it was a friend of his. He was making plays that only stupid people do.

He was also saying BS on every hand he lost when he played like an idiot. I think he is a small person and his followers should be laughed at.