PDA

View Full Version : 30-60 hand.. Am I crazy to back off?

03-11-2002, 03:08 AM
loose aggressive 30-60 holdem game I'm in the BB with K3c, UTG (maniac) raises preflop and is cold called by 3 players as well as the small blind, I call another bet and we take the flop 6 handed. Flop Ks3s9c.. SB (loose aggressive) bets out.. I raise... preflop raiser mucks, UTG+1 (an aspiring young player, playing a limit above his head) calls two bets cold, all muck to the small blind who calls. Turn 3d.. small blind checks, I bet with 3's full, UTG+1 raises, small blind ponders and calls two bets cold, I just call. River Js... SB checks.. I check... UTG+1 checks it down.. SB shows KQd.. UTG+1 shows AA (??).. I take the pot with 3s full of Kings...

After the hand I had looks of disbelief from another winning player in the game that I didn't go to war with the hand on the turn, but I dont think my play on the turn was wrong.. here is my thinking... When the small blind bet out on the flop It was very possible he is on a flush draw, or a decent K.. When UTG+1 raises me on the turn I am not as sure I have a winner anymore, it is quite possible that he is holding 99, in which case I am already beat. If I go to war with UTG+1 on the turn I may lose the SB who I want to call.

In retrospect I think I should have played the hand the same except I should have bet out on the river. And yes this would have all been academic if UTG+1 had made it three bets pre-flop, I don’t know what he was thinking smooth calling the maniac with AA.

Let the flaming begin….

Crzycanuk

03-11-2002, 05:10 AM
Your turn play is fine, but you missed a bet, and perhaps two calls on the river.