PDA

View Full Version : Was I stupid?-> Re-raise all in with bottom pair and flush draw?

AA suited
07-17-2004, 12:02 PM
Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t400 (2 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

HERO (t4400)
Button (t3600)

Preflop: HERO is BB with 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
Button calls t200, HERO checks.

Flop: (t800) Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 2/images/graemlins/club.gif, 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
HERO bets t800, Button raises to t2000, HERO raises to t4000 (All-In), Button calls t1200 (All-In).

Turn: (t8000) K/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players, 2 all-in)</font>

River: (t8000) J/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players, 2 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: t8000

Results in white below: <font color="white">
HERO shows 2s 5s (flush, queen high).
Button shows 6c Qd (one pair, queens).
Outcome: HERO wins t8000. </font>

i don't remember if i had a read on him or not, but usually i dont have a read on any player, so i'll assume no.

i bet 2BB on the flop and he showed strength by going over the top. yeah, i think i was stupid by re-raising all in.

Would you have folded to his raise?

Phill S
07-17-2004, 01:37 PM
ok, firstly, are you in last two of a full tbl tourney, or a heads up match?

actually in both cases, hell no, all in all the way. if he has a higher pair, you can hit your flush, two pair, or trips. if he has two pair you have the flush and trips, and if he has trips you have the flush. plus if he happens to be on larger flush draw it your one pair may do it, or you may improve to two pair or trips.

you *cant* be dead. if my pair was a little larger id of done it in a full table, i do all the time. in fact last night i tripled thru because of it. you may lose, but you may get hit by a bus tomorrow.

he showed strength, yes, but you had a major draw. assumin he wont improve you have your 9 flush outs, two trip outs, 3 two pair outs and any number of back door straights to hit.

top play, no problemo, keep it up.

note, if this was multiway, i wouldnt recommend it when your pair is so low, but you dont need top pair to do it. although thats nice too.