PDA

View Full Version : Foxwoods 10-20 game hand #1

03-11-2002, 01:25 AM
Tight 7 handed game. Weak player open-limps from cut-off seat. I raise with 10(s)10(h) on the button. SB folds, LB (decent player) calls the raise and so does the limper. Three players see the flop, which is J(d), 5(d), 2(s).

LB bets out and WP folds. I don't put LB on a pair of jacks, because he likes checkraising on this spot if he does have top pair. I tentatively put him on a small pair or a flush draw and decide to call the flop and raise the turn regardless what hits the turn (if he bets into me again), and fold if get reraised. So I just call his flop bet.

Turn brings J(h). LB thinks for a few seconds and checks. I bet out, not wanting to give him a free card. And to my surpises, he check-raises me! Now I start to worry about that he may indeed have a trip. I think for a few secends and decide to reraise, but fold if get re-reraised. This way I can charge him the max if he is semibluffing with a flush draw or an underpair, and lose the same amount if I just call him down on the turn and again on the river. To my relif, as soon as I put the chips in, he throws his cards into the muck.

I win the hand but am not sure if I played it correctly. Comments greatly appreciated.