PDA

View Full Version : Monster pot madness, flame away

Transference
07-17-2004, 04:40 AM
This ones hot off the presses so I havn't even looked back to see how horribly I played this yet. The only qualifier worthy of mentioning is every one involved in this hand other than yours truly is LAG or calling station. I'm just gonna post the results on this one, truly madness...

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with K/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+2 folds, MP1 calls, <font color="CC3333">MP2 3-bets</font>, MP3 calls, CO folds, Button calls, SB folds, BB calls, <font color="CC3333">UTG caps</font>, Hero calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, Button calls, BB calls.

Flop: (28.50 SB) A/images/graemlins/club.gif, 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(7 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP1 3-bets</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, Button folds, BB calls, UTG calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero caps</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, BB calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (26.25 BB) 4/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, <font color="CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, BB calls, <font color="CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, <font color="CC3333">MP3 caps</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, Hero calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls.

River: (50.25 BB) 3/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, <font color="CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, BB calls, <font color="CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, MP1 calls, <font color="CC3333">MP3 caps</font>, BB calls $1.25 (All-In), UTG calls, Hero calls, MP1 calls.

Final Pot: 69.50 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 66.50 BB, between BB, UTG, Hero, MP1 and MP3.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by UTG (66.50 BB).</font>
<font color="green">Pot 2: 3 BB, between UTG, Hero, MP1 and MP3.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by UTG (3 BB).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
BB shows Ad Ks (one pair, aces).
UTG shows 2c 5c (straight flush, five high).
Hero shows Kc As (one pair, aces).
MP1 shows 4d 7d (straight, seven high).
MP3 shows 7h Qd (straight, seven high).
Outcome: UTG wins 69.50 BB. </font>

I was flat out blinded by the pot size and the horrible play ive been witnessing at this table, still what a pot eh?

Matty
07-17-2004, 05:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
every one involved in this hand other than yours truly is LAG or calling station.

[/ QUOTE ]You sure about that? ;-)

It's guaranteed that someone has a straight. You need to release at some point.

Transference
07-17-2004, 06:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]
You sure about that? ;-)

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you sir may I have another!

Obviously I agree, at what point and why do you muck? I think its OK in this case to retain the inferences about the players involved that can be made from the results. This is definately a very very unusual scenario here and I have to admit I'm still at a bit of a loss.

For some extra fun... what did MP2 have?

Matty
07-17-2004, 06:22 AM
Well I wouldn't cap the flop for one. Everyone is going to call down this hand and you do not have the best drawing hand.

Since everyone is going to call down, I don't see any point in your bet on the turn. You know at the turn you probably won't have the best hand by the river. The best you can hope for is trip Aces.

I think the turn calls aren't terrible but don't put any money in on the river.

That's the only thing I'm really sure of though. You can't put any money in on the river.

sin808
07-17-2004, 06:58 AM
I like the limp cap by UTG with 52s. Must have that new pattern map /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Hope you took alot of notes on 'em on that one.

Rudbaeck
07-17-2004, 01:16 PM
Yep, that play is going to fuel conspiracy theorists everywhere.

cold_cash
07-17-2004, 01:55 PM
I think you played this fine up until the river, and even on the river I'm not positive you played it wrong. I like the flop cap and the turn bet if this line up is as loose and wild as you say they are. (If any of them were reasonable players we would have to think about doing things differently, perhaps.)

On the river, you're going to get over 15:1 if you call, even if its capped? You might not be good even that often, but I might be willing to part with 4 bets simply for the peace of mind.

If I folded to that river bet and saw AQ take this down, I would be on my way to the store for a bottle of whiskey and some sleeping pills.

Transference
07-17-2004, 04:41 PM
Thank you cold, a bit morbid but it does me good to know someone else would have a hard time getting away from this as well.

For what its worth, I quickly recouped my losses at this table after someone apparntly went nuts and just started doing nothing but raising with every hand on every street. Those Friday nights on PP can get wild, I dig it.