PDA

View Full Version : Timing

ddubois
07-17-2004, 01:55 AM
During bubble blind stealing time, do you feel there is a change in the frequency you are called based on how long it takes you to enter your bet? For instance, sometimes I am in a situation where I have a marginal hand I am not sure if I should try to steal with, like QTs. And sometimes it is folded to me before I have decided what my plan is. While I am thinking about whether to bet and how much to bet, I become concerned that my pause will be interpretted as weakness, thereby losing fold equity. Sometimes I get so concerned I end up deciding to go ahead and not steal, with that being the deciding factor. Is my fear real or percieved?

AleoMagus
07-17-2004, 02:04 AM
I'm not going to attempt to tell you if your fears are real or percieved because honestly I do not know. Big pauses to many people might imply a monster as much as a weak steal hand.

What I will say is that I have done this. More than once I have had to run away from the computer or for some other reason had delay my betting to the point where I decided to fold. Perhaps this just stems from the fast pace of online play and not always wanting to give my opponents time to think. Perhaps I am foolish to do so. Perhaps subconciously I am thinking about the situation for longer myself and decide a fold is more appropriate. Who Knows, but I do it too.

Regards
Brad S