PDA

View Full Version : AA - Stop and Go by Me -

Sarge85
07-16-2004, 11:56 PM
Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button folds, SB calls, BB folds, UTG calls.

Flop: (7 SB) 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (5 BB) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls, <font color="CC3333">UTG raises</font>, Hero calls, SB calls.

River: (11 BB) 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB folds, <font color="CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 17 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 17 BB, between Hero and UTG.</font>

Sarge/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

MoreWineII
07-17-2004, 12:19 AM
How is it a stop and go? You bet it the entire way.

DonWaade
07-17-2004, 12:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
How is it a stop and go? You bet it the entire way.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, why is this an issue?

Evan
07-17-2004, 01:21 AM
Any reason you didn't cap the river? Were you really afraid of 89?

JohnShaft
07-17-2004, 01:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Any reason you didn't cap the river? Were you really afraid of 89?

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope. Sarge was afraid of a very valid KQ.

He stopped on the Turn after being Raised.
The went again on the River.

That's a stop-and-go by my definition.

MoreWineII
07-17-2004, 01:47 AM
True, hadn't thought of it that way.

PooFighter
07-17-2004, 03:08 AM
I would want to know if he has the straight on the turn and 3 bet. If he caps then call down on the river unless I fill up.

tech
07-17-2004, 03:14 AM
You have to 3-bet the turn, especially with SB along for the ride. Even if somebody has KQ you have 10 outs.

tech
07-17-2004, 03:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I would want to know if he has the straight on the turn and 3 bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think you can find out by 3-betting. A cap could mean two pair, or a smaller set. I agree that you 3-bet here, but it is for value -- not for information.

DeathDonkey
07-17-2004, 03:17 AM
Hi Sarge,

I think this is a bad time to use a stop n go play with top set. Not only is it possible that your losing and giving away bets on the river, but if you are ahead on the turn, you are giving two opponents a cheap card that could easily complete a broadway straight. I would like this play better if the SB wasn't in the hand, it seems like he is just chasing along and you miss the chance to get extra bets out of him on the turn (if you are ahead). Also, if you are going to raise the river after just calling the turn, I think you should cap it, but I also think your losing this hand to KQ.

-DeathDonkey