PDA

View Full Version : "A" turn decision

brian0729
07-16-2004, 08:57 PM
Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed)

Villian to my right has done nothing to stand out as being good or bad.
Villian to my left is seeing over 40% of his hands preflop and is loose postflop ( calling most of the way)

Preflop: Hero is CO with K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="666666">5 folds</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, Button calls, <font color="666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP3 caps</font>, Hero calls, Button calls.

Flop: (13.50 SB) 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, Hero calls, Button calls.

Turn: (8.25 BB) A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
MP3 checks. I bet, Button raises, MP3 folds.

I planned to bet and fold to a raise here, just as I expected the button raises, screaming AA or AK, (I think anyway) however now that MP3 folded do you call the turn and river or just go ahead and fold to the raise as originally planned.

JohnShaft
07-16-2004, 09:03 PM
Brian, I'm really wondering why you didn't raise the flop?
Did you think the Button would call now with hands you wanted him to fold to the Turn raise? Are you sure this was the best plan? What hands might they be?

brian0729
07-16-2004, 09:08 PM
Did you think the Button would call now with hands you wanted him to fold to the Turn raise?

Hi John,

I did not think the button would fold to a flop raise. I thought a turn raise could knock him off leaving me HU with MP3. I also thought I had the best hand and was waiting for the turn to protect it some and get the most value out of it.

JohnShaft
07-16-2004, 09:14 PM
Okay, thanks. I figured that.

But see, if the Button will Call two cold with anything then I'm not sure I just don't mind doing it. Particularly as you might be 3-bet by a worse hand like QQ behind his call.

I guess the pot is big with the 3-way cap, so you might be right.

If he'll call two cold with no pair though I think I raise anyway.

Interesting situation made pretty complicated by his presence and play.

Oh, as for the decision on the Turn (which I overlooked, lol) I think, I guess, I maybe don't mind making a fold here if he mostly calls postflop unless he has something pretty strong. It's looking like 2 pair or something to me. So you're probably drawing to 2 outs, and will have to call 2 bets. I don't know though. The pot is big.

If he's _very_ passive postflop then I think you can fold. If he's anything else then the pot is probably big enough to call down.

balkii
07-16-2004, 09:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Button calls.... Button calls.....Flop: Button calls.

I planned to bet and fold to a raise here, just as I expected the button raises, screaming AA or AK,

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sorry I don't understand where you got the idea that button would have AA or AK (screaming it, no less)

Calling down...I don't know. FWIW, I probably would, but I dont know if that's smart.

brian0729
07-16-2004, 10:15 PM
It was three cold to him preflop. Loose or not I think this says they have a big hand most times.

I agree on the bet and fold to a raise line, but when MP3 mucked leaving us HU. I thought maybe I should call down because of the pot size.