PDA

View Full Version : JJ in BB, Solid Play/Foolish?

SnakeRat
07-16-2004, 08:56 PM
Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (8 handed)

Preflop: Hero is BB with J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, CO folds, Button folds, SB raises, Hero 3-bets, UTG calls, SB calls.

Flop: (9 SB) 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero bets, UTG calls, SB calls.

Turn: (6 BB) 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero bets, UTG calls, SB calls.

River: (9 BB) T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero bets

On the flop and turn I was thinking my hand might be good, and I could hopefully get a queen to muck.

Thoughts on my play are greatly appreciated.
How would you guys play this flop/turn?

SnakeRat
07-17-2004, 03:27 PM
bump

I am quite curious about what SOP is in this spot.

Azhrarn
07-17-2004, 04:21 PM
I like it.

Pre-flop's good. Flop's good. I think a flop bet is mandatory here, because you need to find out where you're at, and you will just take down the pot here a certain percentage of the time after your pre-flop aggression.

On the turn, without the gutshot draw, I would consider check-folding, depending on my respect for my opponents. I think you're behind more often than not here, but you just picked up some outs, and there is still a not-insignificant chance you're ahead, so I like the bet.

MoreWineII
07-17-2004, 04:23 PM
x2. I'm wondering what 2+2'ers think is the correct turn play. I think your flop bet was SOP, yes?

HajiShirazu
07-17-2004, 04:30 PM
I think betting the turn is worth a shot. You don't have to fold a better hand too often to make it correct. Unfortunately when I bet the turn I find it hard to give up on the river and so I end up betting there too.