PDA

View Full Version : What would you do in this situation?

Trey
07-16-2004, 08:47 PM
Playing in a 2/4 game on PokerStars, I ran into this situation:

BB - 69o, MP calls, Button calls, everyone else folds

Flop comes 2 /images/graemlins/club.gif, 9 /images/graemlins/club.gif, T /images/graemlins/spade.gif
Action -> I Check, MP Checks, Button Bets, I Call, MP Calls

Turn comes T /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
Action -> I Check, MP Checks, Button Bets, I Raise (CR), MP Calls, Button Calls

River comes K /images/graemlins/club.gif
Action -> I Check, MP Bets, Button Raise, I Fold, MP Raises, Button Raises, MP Calls

I didn't believe that the button had a T, and was right. MP had A /images/graemlins/club.gif 4 /images/graemlins/club.gif, and button had JQo so it was flush against straight on the river.

Was I wrong in the way I played that hand, given that my read on the opponent was such that he was betting for position?

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

bdk3clash
07-16-2004, 08:51 PM
Can you clarify who did what? (Eg. "I check, MP bets, button raises...") I'm finding the action confusing to follow.

Oh, yeah. Welcome to the board. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

JohnShaft
07-16-2004, 08:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Was I wrong in the way I played that hand, given that my read on the opponent was such that he was betting for position?

[/ QUOTE ]

No. But (if I'm interpreting the action right) I MUCH prefer Checkraising the Flop. I really do.
Overcard could hit the Turn, or he could Check the Turn.

And when the Ten hits, who knows if you aren't just walking into a Turn 3-bet from the Ten?

Not that he's folding, but this looks much better as a flop checkraise.

Trey
07-16-2004, 08:57 PM
Thank you /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Sorry I'm not used to posting here yet, so I hope that I cleared up any confusions there may have been with the way I described the action.