PDA

View Full Version : Caesar's IN bought by Harrah's wondering about the cardroom

steamboatin
07-16-2004, 08:38 PM
Harrah's just opened a new poker room in St Louis so I am thinking the Casear's poker room should be safe. Anybody have any thoughts?

Stew
07-16-2004, 10:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Harrah's just opened a new poker room in St Louis so I am thinking the Casear's poker room should be safe. Anybody have any thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ]

Why wouldn't it be safe? The shithole is making a killing off their ridiculous rake.

doggin
07-17-2004, 01:57 AM
I hope it survives. It's the only game in town for me,
and it's 220 miles from my driveway /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I was there last month and the dealers confirmed rumors
of an add on of at least three more tables if not four.

Like you say, with Harrah's new room in St. Louis, they are
taking a positive look at the card rooms (in the boats).

I can't wait to get back there and grab a seat!
I'm going in two weeks to join in the Friday and Saturday crowd.

Stew
07-17-2004, 09:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I hope it survives. It's the only game in town for me,
and it's 220 miles from my driveway /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I was there last month and the dealers confirmed rumors
of an add on of at least three more tables if not four.

Like you say, with Harrah's new room in St. Louis, they are
taking a positive look at the card rooms (in the boats).

I can't wait to get back there and grab a seat!
I'm going in two weeks to join in the Friday and Saturday crowd.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea, it's basically the only game for me as well...I'm in Indy, about a 2 hour drive, I don't like the boats up near Gary at all and that's a little longer drive. Caesar's rake is ridiculous though, particularly on the 4/8 game.

I haven't been since June, I hear they are spreading some sort of deuces wild Hold 'Em, you know anything about that?

steamboatin
07-17-2004, 05:24 PM
Not that I am aware of, they had some continuos no limit freeze outs last month. Supposedley they have submitted a new tourney schedule to the Indiana Gaming commission and are awaiting approval.

I played yesterday for about 3 hours and it was an easy table, also I was lucky and got some cards.

I am wanting to go to St Louis soon. The MRS and I go to the Missouri Botanical Garden a couple times a year. I never thought I would care much about botanical gardens but that one has a lot of interesting stuff.

Clarkmeister
07-17-2004, 07:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why wouldn't it be safe? The shithole is making a killing off their ridiculous rake.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, it depends on what their return/sqft would be if they added more slots. I don't know how many machines they have on their facility, but it takes a large number of slots before you can justify using the limited gaming space avaliable on boats for poker, regardless of rake.

steamboatin
07-18-2004, 07:17 AM
They call the lowest level the main floor, (I call it the basement because that is what it feels like) is never crowded. Friday afternoon, I bet there wasn't fifty people playing slots and there was a waiting list for poker.

Stew
07-18-2004, 03:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
They call the lowest level the main floor, (I call it the basement because that is what it feels like) is never crowded. Friday afternoon, I bet there wasn't fifty people playing slots and there was a waiting list for poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is exactly right and not only that, but the Poker Room is in the middle of that level...I go there about once a month, usually on a weekend (Friday night or Saturday). Only once in the last year have I seen the table games open on the right-hand side and on the left, the tables are used by management to do paperwork, make schedules, etc.

Those tables are in the middle with slots on either side on the walls... I've never seen anyone playing the slots on either side, but I have seen the slots quite full in the waiting area aroudnd the poker room.