PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on the play of this hand

Ptolemy
07-16-2004, 07:56 PM
Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t300 (4 handed)

Hero (t1355)
BB (t2715)
UTG (t3010)
Button (t920)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 3/images/graemlins/club.gif. Hero posts a blind of t300.
BB folds, UTG folds, Button raises to t600, Hero (poster) raises to t1355 (All-In), Button calls t320 (All-In).

Flop: (t2275) Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players, 2 all-in)</font>

Turn: (t2275) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players, 2 all-in)</font>

River: (t2275) 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players, 2 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: t2275

I did have a read on the button. This was a sure steal attempt and a weak one at that. Any ace, two high cards or pair and he would have pushed. So I new my ace was good. I know any raise on my part would have forced him in (probably anyway, he seemed smart enough not to fold) so my raise wasn't to get him to fold but an attempt to eliminate him and put me in a better position to win. However, now that I review the hand I think even with a 60% chance to win waiting for a better situation may have been the better play. Thoughts on the play would be greatly appreciated.

Results in white below: <font color="white">
Hero shows As 3c (two pair, queens and twos).
Button shows Ks 6d (two pair, queens and twos).
Outcome: Hero wins t2275. </font>