PDA

View Full Version : Shaq-diesel

ThaSaltCracka
07-16-2004, 05:23 PM
I have always thought Shaq was an awesome player, a beast-man among children. Look for him to tear it up next year in Miami and here why: quite possibly the best Shaq article I have ever read. (http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/take/040714)

kerssens
07-16-2004, 05:40 PM
you're followers will not budge me from my intense anti-Buhner stance

ThaSaltCracka
07-16-2004, 05:54 PM
your drunk with rage.... Convert!!!!

Oski
07-16-2004, 06:22 PM
Good article. One mistake: the guy who played Ganz (James Remar) is not the guy in the Warriors. The guy who played Luther in 48 Hours (David Patrick Kelly) was, but he was not a member of the Warriors, he was a member of the Rougues. He was also the guy who killed Cyrus and in the movie "The Warriors" is also named ... LUTHER.

[ QUOTE ]
That looks about right. Remember, Shaq's favorite movie is "The Warriors," the '70's classic where the top gang leader in New York City (Cyrus) holds a gang summit and tries to organize the first-ever gang revolution. As Cyrus points out, the total number of gang members doubles the number of police officers in the city, which logically means that they can overpower them and take over everything. Apparently, he didn't know about the National Guard, the FBI, the Army and the Marines. Anyway, Cyrus gets assassinated at the gang summit -- one of the most devastating screen deaths ever, right up there with Sonny Corleone and Hooch -- and everyone incorrectly blames the Warriors, an unassuming gang from Coney Island.

Now the Warriors have to fight their way back to Coney with every gang in the city gunning for them. Nobody believes they can make it back alive. It's only a matter of time.

Well, they make it back to Coney. Alive. (Except for the guy who gets thrown on the subway tracks, as well as the guy who ended up playing Ganz on "48 Hours" and owning the hotel on "North Shore.") They even find the guys who killed Cyrus. At the end of the movie, the leader of the Riffs tells Swan (the Warriors warlord), "You guys are good . . . you guys are real good."

[/ QUOTE ]

Oski
07-16-2004, 06:26 PM
Wow, never mind: The guy IN the Warriors did play Ganz. (The rest of the crap I wrote about LUTHOR in both movies is correct, however.) So both actors were in both movies.

jwvdcw
07-24-2004, 09:53 PM
Heres another way to look at it:

Shaq misses about 20-30 games each year, hes coming off of his worst year in a long, long time, and hes injury prone and old.

great in his prime...winding down now.