PDA

View Full Version : AKo in super loose games.

03-09-2002, 07:24 AM
So, I decided to donate a rack tonite. I was playing 9-18. I can't remember for sure, but I think I lost $300 (100 chips), 6 at a time...each time raising AKo before the flop, and mucking it on the flop. That's what it seriously felt like.

And, it got me thinking...I have a fairly bad seat, inasmuch as there are three very loose players to my immediate left. When the first the players limp, and i look down and see AKo, is this an automatic raise, since I WILL BE SEEING THIS FLOP 7 HANDED, PERIOD? Would you ever just call here? I figure with AJo, I'm mucking. With AQo, I'm calling. With AKo?

Do you try to hit the flop, be able to 3-bet the flop, or 2-bet the turn? And get away for cheap if you miss? I wasn't chasing my 2 overcards at all (every single friggin flop was 789, or T 9 6, or some such crappola).

Your thoughts?

Thanks,

Josh

03-09-2002, 12:04 PM
Change seats. (until then, keep raising).

03-09-2002, 07:28 PM
I have a fairly bad seat, inasmuch as there are three very loose players to my immediate left.

I love having loose players on my immediate left who will call all my pre-flop raises when I'm holding premium hands.

Why don't you like it? Isn't this an ideal situation?

03-09-2002, 09:54 PM
I think the reason Gummy doesn't like it is that its tougher to put them on hands. If they're to his right, they'll be first to act after the flop. So if Gummy misses with his AKo, and one of them bets, he can safely toss his hand.

03-10-2002, 07:29 AM
That, and I'd just as soon play my AKo in a 4 way pot instead of a 7 way pot. AKo doesn't play great multiway...like I said, I'd throw AJo away every time here. I'd much prefer having 88 or ATs in this situation, where I'd limp.

Josh