PDA

View Full Version : 30/60 wait list problem

JeffO
07-16-2004, 04:12 PM
I've experienced a couple of different problems on partys 30/60 wait list and wanted to know if others have experienced the same problems.

Problem # 1 I put myself on the 30/60 list when I got off work at 4pm knowing it would be 8pm or so before I would reach the top of the list. I started out at # 62 on the list and had climbed to # 25 when I decided to play a couple of 15/30 tables. After getting on a couple of 15/30 tables and playing a couple of orbits I once again checked the 30/60 wait list to see where I stood and I was no longer on the list. Is this because I opened a 15/30 table? Do I have to wait to open my 15/30 tables until after I get on 30/60? At no point did I ever ask to be taken off the 30/60 wait list.

Problem # 2 I put myself on both 30/60 wait lists individually (not first available, each one seperatly)
I was steadily moving up both wait lists when I finally got on one of the 30/60 tables. At this point I was still # 2 on the other wait list then #1 and then NOTHING. I was removed from the second wait list altogether.

Anybody else have similar experiences? Am I doing something wrong here or is it a problem on partys end?

BigBaitsim (milo)
07-16-2004, 04:17 PM
Why do they have long lists at all? I understand a WL to keep tables from collapsing fast, but why the super long lists for high limit games?

Ulysses
07-16-2004, 04:40 PM
Two different bugs here.

The first one has to do w/ opening other tables. When you start new tables, you seem to get randomly taken off of other waitlists you might be on. I haven't used waitlists for quite some time, but I remember that when I did, I'd randomly get taken off of them when I'd open up new tables.

The second one is "seat sniping." Here's what happens. Guy on the wait list gets asked if he wants the seat. He rejects it. Now, for a brief moment before asking you, the "Reserved" marking changes to "Seat Open." Normally, it then flips back to Reserved and you get asked if you want the seat. But in that brief period when it says "Seat Open," a player w/ the table open can click on that and steal your seat, "cutting" the waitlist. The "rightful" player for that seat then just disappears - Party's sw thinks he took the seat. Good times.

JeffO
07-16-2004, 05:00 PM
I was under the impression that the "seat sniping" glitch was taken care of. If I thought you could still "seat snipe" I wouldn't be waiting in these 4 hour lines.

GuyOnTilt
07-16-2004, 06:00 PM
El Diablo,

Dude, bad idea making the "cut in line" info public.

GoT

Ulysses
07-16-2004, 06:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Dude, bad idea making the "cut in line" info public.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought about that, GoT. But then I thought about the fact that so many people are aware of it and use it that everyone should know about it. It's really BS.

Ulysses
07-16-2004, 06:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I was under the impression that the "seat sniping" glitch was taken care of. If I thought you could still "seat snipe" I wouldn't be waiting in these 4 hour lines.

[/ QUOTE ]

You still can.

astroglide
07-16-2004, 06:53 PM
i tried pretty recently and couldn't pull it off (it always worked before)

TobDog
07-17-2004, 02:38 AM
Question

If party wont open anymore 30 games making you guys play the 15, why dont more players go to other sites? Is the party game that much better? Also, it appears when I look at the 15 vs the 30 the average pot size is close, are you guys that play both making a better earn there or could you make as much being table selective with more choices in 15? Just a question for whenever I get to that level(s). /images/graemlins/grin.gif

MicroBob
07-17-2004, 02:56 AM
i learned about the seat-sniping thing on these forums a few months ago. would not have known otherwise.

so he's technically only repeating info that has already been out there. but he's also obviously pointing it out to many who weren't aware of it.

i use it sometimes...but mostly when there is some sort of glitch in their system and the wait-list for each and every 2/4 or 3/6 table is 25 players long or something. i figure i'm probably not directly hurting anyone then as it appears that nobody is claiming it anyway.

additionally, it's good to know for the 30/60 players who can't get on a seat because they are likely getting bumped by another sniper.

however, if i were you guys i would just hang out on the 15/30 games. then again, i'm not you.