PDA

View Full Version : Another suited ace hand

Evan
07-16-2004, 01:53 PM
Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG calls, Hero calls, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button folds, SB completes, BB checks.

I figured this was a marginal call from EP, but if I could get a few more limpers into the hand I'd be in good shape.

Flop: (6 SB) 4/images/graemlins/club.gif, 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, Hero checks, UTG+2 checks, MP1 bets, SB folds, BB folds, UTG calls, Hero calls, UTG+2 folds.

I'm pretty much 100% sure I've got hte best hand right now, and there aren't many cards on the turn that will really scare me. At this point I'm planning to check-call the flop and check-raise the turn. Anyone not like that? FWIW I'm putting MP1 on a 4 or a weak 7.

Turn: (4.50 BB) 5/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, Hero checks, MP1 bets, UTG folds, Hero raises, MP1 3-bets, Hero caps, MP1 calls.

At this point I'm starting to think that I'm probably overplaying this hand. Then again, what's beating me here...the only hand that I can realisticly worry about are pocket 4's or 5's. I decide to stick with the read of MP1 having a weak 7 and expect him to slow down on the river.

River: (12.50 BB) 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero bets, MP1 raises, Hero 3-bets, MP1 caps, Hero calls.

Damn, not what I was looking for. I'm pretty much expecting to chop this one. If that's not the case I either sucked our or was majorly behind the whole time. In either case I think I overplayed this one on the turn. Agree?

Final Pot: 20.50 BB

stoxtrader
07-16-2004, 01:57 PM
I'm fine with the turn play, but since villain capped it, 44 is certainly a possibility, and I thikn you river three bet was a mistake.

MoreWineII
07-16-2004, 02:02 PM
I don't think I would have capped the turn, but other than that, looks fine to me.

I'm not putting anybody on quads, sorry &amp; maybe that's a leak, but I'm just not doing it.

The Armchair
07-16-2004, 02:24 PM
I'd put him on 67 or 78, and possibly 6/images/graemlins/club.gif 7/images/graemlins/club.gif. In any event, when he raises on the river, 44 or even 75 (depending on how loose he is) are both possiblities, and I'd not 3-bet.

HajiShirazu
07-16-2004, 02:58 PM
I would never 3-bet this river, but then again every time I just call, since it's an "obvious chop", the guy ends up having AA, a straight, or 45.

Evan
07-17-2004, 01:18 AM
Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG calls, Hero calls, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button folds, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (6 SB) 4/images/graemlins/club.gif, 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, Hero checks, UTG+2 checks, MP1 bets, SB folds, BB folds, UTG calls, Hero calls, UTG+2 folds.

Turn: (4.50 BB) 5/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, Hero checks, MP1 bets, UTG folds, Hero raises, MP1 3-bets, Hero caps, MP1 calls.

River: (12.50 BB) 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero bets, MP1 raises, Hero 3-bets, MP1 caps, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 20.50 BB

Hero shows 7d Ad (full house, sevens full of fours).
MP1 shows 5d 5s (full house, fives full of sevens).
Outcome: Hero wins 20.50 BB.

Michael Davis
07-17-2004, 07:14 AM
Bet the flop. You will thank me when you have pocket 6s and the like here.

People call on boards like this with all sorts of assorted trash, and you often get raised by people who refuse to believe you have anything.

Fastplaying is the way to go.

Your river three-bet is definitely a losing money play. It sure looks like he has the other seven at worst.

-Michael