PDA

View Full Version : Home Tourney with Friends

SaintAces
07-16-2004, 01:25 PM
9 person tourney

final three I have 250 chips, Villian has 270 and Short Stack has 140

blinds are 2/4

I pick up 87 off and open on the button to 14. SB calls. He is aggressive, and over plays hands, but can make a laydown.

Flop is AQK. I lead for 25 and he calls.
Turn is a 2. I bet 60 and he calls, Now I have him on A3-AT
River is a Ten putting three diamonds and an obvious straight draw on board.

I push.

comments?

durron597
07-16-2004, 01:40 PM
Call, call, from an aggressive player? Sounds like it should have been sending off warning bells in your head. I think you have to shut it down on the river. Did he have JTs?

flopmeister_1
07-16-2004, 02:05 PM
YOu don't provide card suits on the folp in your description.

That being said, if you took a shot at the pot, he calls, you shoot again bigger, he calls. your in trouble here already. HE is out of postion and continues to check/call you. maybe he is riding a straight draw or top pair good kicker. say AJ.

You have no part of the board , how long to you continue to play w/ an 8 high? Most guys aren't going to bluff three times consecutively unless they are made of steel.

YOu are facing a straight and a flush draw come the river card. not sure where the diamonds were on the flop. if he hit twqo on the flop, plus a gut shot (10) straight then he had at the turn, approximately 13 outs or about a 50% chance to make the hand at the flop cuz the two doesn't help anyone. so although you controlled the pot odds well, he had a good chance to win the hand as I see it.

BOL Eric /images/graemlins/cool.gif

Jason Strasser
07-16-2004, 03:02 PM
This is one of those posts where I'm not sure what you're looking for from us. It is obviously completely opponent dependant. How did he react to your bets? Did he look confident? Does he call with draws? Will he fold a mid pair?

If you made this play online I'd call you nuts. There has to be more to this hand then you just flailing away at this caller. I'd personally give up after the flop bet, unless I really saw weakness.