PDA

View Full Version : any advice as to playing in a live mtt for someone who's been online..

xltros
07-16-2004, 12:52 PM
I may play in my first live mtt, I've only played online ones so far and done decently. Any advice on how different live is in comparison?
thanks

TomCollins
07-16-2004, 03:12 PM
You don't know chip counts. Try to keep your chips organized enough so you can easily tell how much you have. You also don't know how much an opponent has left behind. Always ask.

Don't telegraph your actions. This seems obvious, but is harder for someone used to an autofold button.

Be patient. You will get fewer hands per hour and this will slow things down considerably.

Try to identify opponents faster. With seeing the person, you can tell a lot more about them and know who can be bluffed and who will call anything.

Try to get a total chip count so you can assess your stack size. Also know the payouts when close to the money.

Always announce intentions. Throwing one large chip out will count as a call, and this can be a disaster if you mean to raise.

All in all, if you have a decent amount of tournament expirience online, it won't be that hard to adjust to live. Plenty of online players have had success in their first live tournaments, inlcuding Moneymaker, Tomcollins, and players on the WPT.

King High
07-16-2004, 03:22 PM
A lot of important info can be attained just by watching the other players. You'll be pleasently surprised just pay attention.

xltros
07-16-2004, 03:48 PM
Thanks alot, thats some good stuff!