PDA

View Full Version : Hypothetical Situation

augie00
07-16-2004, 11:43 AM
Folded to you in the CO with 55. You make your standard raise which is called by the BB. You know, without a shadow of a doubt, that your opponent has AKo. The flop comes 47T rainbow. The BB checks. My question is:

In the long run, is it a better play to bet small and try to keep AK in the hand, while folding to an A or a K on 4th or 5th street, or betting big to force AK out of the hand?

Cashcow
07-16-2004, 12:58 PM
seems to me like a pretty simple question to answer. I try to bet enough to force AK out, you have crap. You just have better crap than he does at this stage of the hand.

I could be wrong, but that's my play and I'm sticking to it. (Until someone convinces me otherwise)

buhler26
07-16-2004, 01:21 PM
You are about a 3-1 favorite at that point. Therefore, you want to bet enough so that he is not getting proper pot odds on a call. So if the pot was $100 at that point, you should bet $50 plus whatever you think you can "sell" him for or whatever you think he will call. If you bet $60, he would be getting about 2.7-1 on his call, which would make it incorrect for him to call. So without a doubt, you want him to call. Obviously you would then fold to an A or K on the turn.

DMBFan23
07-16-2004, 04:37 PM
if AKo is drawing, and is less than even money to win the hand (as he is in this case), then he is losing money on each bet he puts into the pot, even if the money already in the pot makes it correct for him to call. Bet.