PDA

View Full Version : QQ in the BB

Rudbaeck
07-16-2004, 11:27 AM
Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (7 handed)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG folds, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, CO calls, Button calls, SB completes, Hero raises, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, CO calls, Button calls, SB folds.

Flop: (11 SB) 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif, 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
Hero bets, MP1 folds, MP2 raises, CO calls, Button folds, Hero 3-bets, MP2 calls, CO calls.

Turn: (10 BB) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP2 bets, CO folds, Hero raises, MP2 calls.

River: (14 BB) T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP2 checks.

Final Pot: 14 BB

The Armchair
07-16-2004, 11:41 AM
What kind of read do you have on MP2? If he's the any-ace type (or if anyone at the table is), this is a check-fold on the flop.

BTW, did you make a note on the SB? He's getting the exact same odds to call your raise as he is to complete, yet he now folded? Odd.

Rudbaeck
07-16-2004, 11:48 AM
I did, he's a maniac. If his hand had been even A2o he'd have raised PF.

The comment about the rest of the table is duly noted though, I think I overfocused on MP2.

nothumb
07-16-2004, 11:50 AM
Too aggressive in my opinion. This is a wretched flop for you, and with such an uncoordinated board, what could MP2 possibly be raising with but an A or better?

Check-raising the turn might be good if you thought he would raise without the ace, wanted to put the fear in him and wanted a free showdown. But how could this possibly be the case? I think you are spewing here. Learn to let QQ go when it turns to ass like this.

NT