PDA

View Full Version : Online 15-30 hand #121 - play fast with the nuts, headsup

nykenny
07-16-2004, 09:27 AM
usual good game, my first hand and i post in BB. all fold to SB...

comment on each street?

Online Poker 15/30 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Super Hero is BB with K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button folds, <font color="CC3333">SB raises</font>, Super Hero calls.

Flop: (4 SB) K/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 5/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Super Hero raises</font>, SB calls.

Turn: (4 BB) 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Super Hero raises</font>, SB calls.

River: (8 BB) A/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">Super Hero bets</font>, SB calls.

Final Pot: 10 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 10 BB, between SB and Super Hero.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by Super Hero (10 BB).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
SB shows 7d 7h (two pair, kings and sevens).
Super Hero shows Ks 5s (full house, kings full of fives).
Outcome: Super Hero wins 10 BB. </font>

Thythe
07-16-2004, 09:54 AM
All good except for calling a raise with K5s preflop.

highlife
07-16-2004, 09:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

huh? its a blind steal...you wouldnt protect your blind with K5s?

steveyz
07-16-2004, 09:59 AM
I call every time here. You have position and you are getting 3:1 for your call. I might even call with K5o if SB is a habitual steal raiser.

nykenny
07-16-2004, 12:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

my question is do most raise on the flop? or on the turn? or wait till river to raise?

Steve Giufre
07-16-2004, 12:39 PM
Preflop is OK, postflop depends on the opponent. If he is a habitual blind stealer, then he may well have just about a random hand. That would probably make me want to just call the flop and bet when checked to. Unless he is the type to play back with nothing, I think you are better off calling.

If his raise from the SB was more likely to be a fairly strong hand, then playing it fast on the flop is fine, since he is unlikely to put you on a king, and you will probably get some action. I think it's important to vary your play in these spots, but I would ususally just call.

MrGo
07-16-2004, 12:41 PM
I think this is a 100% correct call. I'd be inclined to perhaps reraise with this hand if I knew the SB had the potential to steal.

nykenny
07-16-2004, 12:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If his raise from the SB was more likely to be a fairly strong hand, then playing it fast on the flop is fine, since he is unlikely to put you on a king, and you will probably get some action. I think it's important to vary your play in these spots, but I would ususally just call.

[/ QUOTE ]

it's hard for people to bet again on the turn with nothing on this board. and if a high card comes and SB still has no pair, he will opt for check-fold most of the time. An Ace might induced another bet, but he might very well fold to a raise without holding the Ace. If the SB had an Ace, he'd call my flop raise pretty automatically, and sometimes on the turn as well. that's 2 small bets and 1 big bet i am likely to make from an Ace high, as opposed to 1 small bet (call flop) and one big bet (raise turn and he folds).

the beauty of playing fast come in to effect when the SB actually has a hand, then he'd never be able to lay it down headsup, and perhaps playing back at my very EARLY aggression on a scare board against a "likely preflop stealer".

07-16-2004, 01:10 PM
This is probably the minimum holding I would call with preflop.

Other than that, I would play it exactly like you did.

`dude

DrSavage
07-16-2004, 01:51 PM
easy call preflop.
i like the flop raise as long as it's consistent with what would would do with your range of hands here (underpair, pair of fives, flush draw).