PDA

View Full Version : It wouldn't be fun without an ace

StellarWind
07-16-2004, 09:22 AM
Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em [Jackpot] (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)
First orbit at table, no reads.

Preflop: Hero is Button with K/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 raises $4 (All-In)</font>, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 calls, CO folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, SB folds, BB folds, UTG calls, MP3 calls.

Flop: (12.50 SB) Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(4 players, 1 all-in)</font>
UTG checks, MP3 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, MP3 calls.

Turn: (7.75 BB) 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(4 players, 1 all-in)</font>
UTG checks, MP3 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, MP3 folds.

River: (9.75 BB) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players, 1 all-in)</font>
UTG checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 9.75 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 4.75 BB, between Hero, UTG and UTG+1.</font>
<font color="green">Pot 2: 5 BB, between Hero and UTG.</font>

sthief09
07-16-2004, 11:00 AM
I'd definitely bet the river. I see no reason not to. He'll bet after you check with an A, but he might nto bet a Q. And if he hasn't raised you with the A yet, then he probably won't do it now.

StellarWind
07-16-2004, 11:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]
He'll bet after you check with an A

[/ QUOTE ]
Not very likely. I'm the button.

Haupt_234
07-16-2004, 11:22 AM
I think I would bet the river here since it is only heads up by then and your opponent hasn't shown much strength.

I would expect to see a queen or a smaller pair more than a weak ace.

Haupt_234

sthief09
07-16-2004, 11:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
He'll bet after you check with an A

[/ QUOTE ]
Not very likely. I'm the button.

[/ QUOTE ]

sorry, I thought he had position.

regardless I'd bet. he'll call with a Q or any pocket pair. there's also a chance he would've check-raised you with an A.

aas
07-16-2004, 11:43 AM
The river value bet is one of my weaknesses that could use some help, so here it goes:

I think this is very player dependend. Any read on him?

I am checking this behind. The 3-bet preflop and the flop and turn bets show enough strength to suggest that I hold a good A, but he is still willing to go to the river. If the preflop was played differently (I had just raised a bet), then I would bet the river.

lil'
07-16-2004, 12:19 PM
I'd bet. You see so many calls with queens and eights here.

StellarWind
07-16-2004, 04:00 PM
I thought I missed a river bet. I posted here to check it out. Everyone is quite right that he might have a queen, eight, or underpair, and an ace might have played back at me sometime.

Brilliant UTG produced 44 and I took the side pot.

All-in UTG+1 had exactly twice as good a hand. His set of snowmen dragged the main pot.

Thanks everyone.