PDA

View Full Version : Another 2+2 Table Hand

Piiop
07-16-2004, 07:13 AM
Sorry I don't have the HH for this. I think that my opponent played the hand well.

PreFlop:

Folds around to the CO who open-raises. I 3-bet in the BB with AQo (suits unimportant).

Flop: 9 8 3 rainbow

I bet, CO raises, I call

Turn: Q

I check, CO checks

River: Blank

I bet, CO calls

CO T /images/graemlins/heart.gif8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif and MHIG.

Considering the super craziness that was going on, I thought the turn check was great. He easily avoided the obvious check-raise attempt and spent 1 BB to see a showdown with a hand that will be good in this spot a large amount of time. Had he bet, it would've cost 3 BBs. Also, he got a free shot to hit a T, J, or 8.

Thoughts on my attempted turn check-raise? Comments on the CO's play?

ejess
07-16-2004, 08:30 AM
I think you both played it fine really, some comments:

COs pf-raise looks like the obvious attempt to steal blinds so your 3-bet is of course the way to go with AQ. I'm always a little scared when rags flop and I put someone on a steal-attempt thoguh because chances are his rags match the table-rags somehow (like the 8 did here).

I like the c/r on the turn (maybe others will disagree?) because you can be pretty sure that you are ahead now and CO might be very tempted to bluff (I think many people would in his shoes).

I cant make up my mind if I think CO should bet the turn or not, had it been a K or a J that came on the turn he would still be good and he might even get you to fold by betting here (or..?). CO must really have a hard time putting you on anything here, at least I would, but if you had held something like AK, AJ or KJ here then he would be like a 85% favorite or so.

River is standard from both.

It would be very interesting to see one of the experts pick this apart as I consider myself avarage at most!