PDA

View Full Version : TP Queen kicker on rags board

JustTens
07-16-2004, 02:54 AM
I've been playing for about 1 year and a half now and I've been focusing solely on my cards whenever I play. Now that I've got down playing with my cards I've focused my attention to reading people, thinking hands through and trying to get on the level of what he thinks i thinks he thinks I have. So my question is was this a good call and is my thought process on this hand right?
$10 Buy in 8 people first place gets $55 second gets $15 in a home, but pretty competitive, game. Final three with bottom two about even in chips at around 45 and me with about 95 with 1.00/2.00 blinds. On the button I raise with Q9s to $4 and SB re-raises to $8, BB folds and I call. Now SB is an agressive player who knows which hands to raise/reraise with but plays pretty timid post flop and loves to make the fancy plays he sees on TV.
FLOP: 9d 4h 2ca
SB goes all in for $26.25 and I'm forced to decide....here is my thought process...
70-75% sure he doesn't have a high pocket pair because I play with him alot and he would string me along with a pair higher then 10s. I'm also sure he doesn't have I pocket pair lower then the board because he would always check-call/check-fold that hand. (I play with these same 7-10 people 2x a week at least)
So I start to rule out the hands I know he doesn't have one by one. I was ableto say it was 2 face cards (due to the fact he re-raised me pre flop) and I could eliminate JJ or better. The only hands I'm worried about is 10/10 and maybe A9 suited.
Should I fold? Am I enough of a chip leader where I don't need to be in this pot and wait to fight another day?. Should the fact that I'm 90 percent sure he has two over cards to my pair matter? Or should I call since I'm 90%sure I have the best hand and could all but win the tournement there. Plus AQ,KQ,QJ and Q10 are all 3-outers So AK,AJ,KJ and K10 are the only real hands out there that he has those extra outs? My decision is does this all in want a caller or does he want to buy the pot...

Like I said I'm just now starting to focus on playing the player and trying to make reads after playing nothing but my cards, so if this is an easy call or easy fold sorry. Also, if anyone wants to post the thought process the go through when facing an all in and deciding to call with a good/marginal hand that may be beat please post...any advice will help.
Results in white:
<font color="white">I call SB shows AQ two blanks on the turn and river give me the pot and soon enough 1st place </font>