PDA

View Full Version : 77 versus lag

Nate tha' Great
07-15-2004, 10:37 PM
I complete in the SB with 77 after two limpers in a 6-max 10/20 game. A clown (35% PFR, LAG on all streets, can't read hands) raises in the BB. Everyone calls.

The flop is AT4 rainbow. I check it to Bozo, who bets. The other two fold.

Do I also fold?

And if not, what's my action?

lil'
07-15-2004, 10:42 PM
Raise and bet out for the rest of the hand. If he raises again at any point during the hand, give up.

I'm assuming he'd raise out of the blinds with a wide variety of crap.

Nate tha' Great
07-15-2004, 11:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Raise and bet out for the rest of the hand. If he raises again at any point during the hand, give up.

I'm assuming he'd raise out of the blinds with a wide variety of crap.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, he's the type who's like "ooh, everybody limped, I'll show these p*ssies and raise".

Although I'm not sure if I like the line of raising since he's very capable of giving action without a hand, both in the sense that he'll raise without one and bet without one.

stripsqueez
07-16-2004, 02:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Although I'm not sure if I like the line of raising since he's very capable of giving action without a hand, both in the sense that he'll raise without one and bet without one

[/ QUOTE ]

i know this guy - i prefer give up - calling him down seems horrible

stripsqueez - chickenhawk

Nate tha' Great
07-16-2004, 03:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Although I'm not sure if I like the line of raising since he's very capable of giving action without a hand, both in the sense that he'll raise without one and bet without one

[/ QUOTE ]

i know this guy - i prefer give up - calling him down seems horrible

[/ QUOTE ]

I know it seems horrible, but it isn't as horrible as it seems.

Seriously. It's a value proposition. This guy is on the outskirts of maniac territory. I'm getting ... let's see here ... I'm getting about 2.5:1 on my calldown. I think I'll be good often enough.

kiddo
07-16-2004, 05:10 AM
Yep, call him down. Going to war out of positon with 3rd pair against someone u cant put on a hand isnt very profitable. But calling him down is good, u will pay 5SB to win 18SB, that is profitable against most lags with 3rd pair. (Also good cause it makes your otherwise aggressive style harder to read?)

lil'
07-16-2004, 07:16 AM
I'm getting about 2.5:1 on my calldown. I think I'll be good often enough.
If you feel raising won't work, that leaves calling down or giving up as the only other choices. Clearly you feel this guy is enough of a dope that your sevens will be good enough of the time to make it worthwhile.

So there you go. We've all called people down with less.

stripsqueez
07-16-2004, 08:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]
So there you go. We've all called people down with less.

[/ QUOTE ]

i called a guy down with QJo today on a 47472 board - he had 103o...

its all possible - i like to save lines with a big look stupid potential for early in the game so i'm going with the testosterone line early and the fold late

stripsqueez
07-16-2004, 08:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I know it seems horrible, but it isn't as horrible as it seems

[/ QUOTE ]

i agree with lil that it depends - i cant let the defence of the aggro line go without observing that you recently described yourself as a "good, normal player" - and even more recently you were spotted labelling fellow respected posters as "lag" - a leopard and its spots...

kiddo
07-16-2004, 08:36 AM
If u call him down 12 times it will cost you 60SB. You will hit a set once, winning about 20SB. Its enough if you win 40SB those other 11 times. That is, if you win 2/11 of those times you dont hit a set it will be close to breakeven. Surely you will win more then that.

Zele
07-16-2004, 10:48 AM
Well, if he's a complete maniac, bet out and let him raise to get HU. Of course, this happened anyway without your bet. I would just call him down, and maybe bet the river depending on the board. If he's going to bet if for you all the way home, there's no reason not to let him.

Folding any pair against a guy like this is crazy.